Escalation -- scores

This forum is for discussion about the summer Warhammer 40K league.
Bjorn
Whiteshield

Escalation -- scores

Post by Bjorn » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:00 am

Scoring

Being a teacher, I'm used to juggling grades and keeping track of data. I will need help with the reporting in, hence I've printed up some sheets that players can use to report in their games. I'll hand them out at the first meeting, and I'll leave some in the store for later

League Scoring:

To start: Sign up on the Forums (first and last name, faction you are playing, and your army's name for this league), get one point

Week one --
* show up, get one point
* Play one game over the course of the week, get two points regardless of outcome.

Weeks 2-10
A. Paint will be checked on the odd weeks (6-26, 7-10, 7-24, 8-7, and 8-21)

Meet your painting goals, get variable points (1-5)-- you are rated at the quality of your worst-painted unit out of the 300 points[/i]
* 3 color minimum, base color over primer only: 1 point
* Most/all colors are 2-3 stage painting, at least one additional technique is used: 3 points
* Use at least 2 techniques (drybrusing, inking, OSL, weathering, 3-stage highlight, wet blending, thin layering, stippling, complicated basing), and high quality paint job: 5 points
* If all of your bases are interesting -- flocked, weathered, painted, etc. -- you get 1 additional point

* ADDITIONALLY Each player can nominate someone else’s vehicle, or unit of at least 5 models, as the best-painted for that week after they have all been checked in, and the winning unit by vote will get +1 for that painting score. Nobody can win this twice in a row.

B. Write up a battle report for one or more battles from that mission, get 1-2 points
Can get this once per mission set
* 1 point for a simple blow-by-blow
* Add pictures, and/or army fiction, to receive 2 points instead

C. Achieve your Adversary Task during the mission (up to three times in any of the 5 playthroughs), receive one point (list noted online)
Adversary Tasks will be chosen at the meeting each week. A list of the random draws will be on the forums.
This is a way to add some flavor -- each player will have an additional task to attempt to complete during the missions. If you complete the task during any mission that you play, you get one point each time (up to 3 per week). If you never complete the task, you may choose to hold on to it for another week. Other than that, though, we will pick new tasks each week. And, since it's a draw from a deck, we will cycle through all the tasks before we repeat any

D. Missions
For each set of weeks, you will be scored the best of 3 battles. You may play up to 5 if you have the time, and we will count the highest 3 scores.
The scoring for each mission (normally a 2-week window) is as follows:
- Major Victory: 5 points
- Minor Victory: 4 points
- Tie: 3 points
- Minor Loss: 2 points
- Major Loss: 1 points
* you need to both fill out a ticket for the mission, indicate the score, and whether either player fulfilled their Adversary Task
* Missions will be posted on the 131 forums in their own section

Last meeting (8-21)
Working with a tight timeline, the last week will be modified as follows:
* We will check paint as normal -- but we will also vote on Best Painted Overall (which will receive a bonus)
* We will only play Mission 6 at 1500 points up to 2 times -- both of which you might get done during week 10. If you need a second game, you may do it this last week. Additionally, if there are any tie scores, those players will face off. The top two scorers will also face off. Points should be able to be tabulated by the end of that evening, and top scores decided.

Link to the scoring spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

After each week's scores have been added, I will post the list in descending order
Too many games, not enough time

Bjorn
Whiteshield

Re: Escalation -- scores

Post by Bjorn » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:26 pm

Current Scores: as we have had one week thus far, we have largely tied scores. Our goal last week was to set up and play one intro game, get the feel for our adversary tasks, and see what gives at 500 points.

This week, we have actual games to play.

I wanted to posit that 5 games in one week might be too much. should we do best two of four?

current scores:
Cthulhu Antivax: 4
Unnamed Drukhari: 1 (Demastrie -- playing?)
Na'Onak Tau -- 4
Cadians: 4
Death Guard: 4
World Eaters: 4
Cult of the Star Child: 4

We should meet around 5:00 briefly to go over the reporting tickets, and start up games.

We are again playing at 500 points, with a new mission. No painting is due, but any painter that is done with 300 points can check in for the set early.
Too many games, not enough time

Ynysley
Whiteshield

Post by Ynysley » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:51 am

I'm probably only going to have time for 2 games a week (if that), so that would work better for me.

Ynysley
Whiteshield

Post by Ynysley » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:27 am

Here is what I have for games and win/loss. I might be wrong on some of the dates, if anyone sees an error let me know.

*6-12*
Game 1: Erik Bjorn, Defeat (Minor)

Game 2: Brandon Granger, Minor Victory

*6-19*
Game 1: Collin Partyka, Defeat (Minor)

*6-26: 300pts painted*
Game 1: Jason Sherman, Defeat (Minor)

Game 2: Brandon Granger, Major Victory

*7-3*
None

*7-10: 600pts painted*
None