Tale of Many Gamers Daughters of Khaine for Age of Sigmar

This is an event designed to build motivation and support for players working to develop or expand their armies for any game system. Feel free to make a section to update with your painting, army lists, and gaming experiences.
Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Tale of Many Gamers Daughters of Khaine for Age of Sigmar

Post by Inquisitor Wall » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:39 pm

Having played Dark Elves when they were redesigned and released for 6th edition Warhammer Fantasy back around Games Day in 1999, I have always loved both their game play and astetic. However, a few years later I replaced them with Wood Elves, which surprisingly I still have, but have always really liked the aesthetic of the dark elves. When GW released the Daughters of Khaine, I jumped in so that I could have an army specifically made for Age of Sigmar, and becasue what is there to not love about an army of snake women. Here were are 50 weeks later and I still havent broken them out on the table yet, so hopefully the Tale of Many Gamers will help get that motivation going.

Current list of models.
Unassembled:
10 Blood Sisters
20 Witch Elves
5 Heart renders
5 Life takers
1 Hag Queen
1 Medusa

Unpainted:
5 Blood Sisters
20 Witch Elves
5 Lifetakers
Morathi on foot
Morathi transformed
Cauldron of blood

Painted:
1 Medusa
5 Blood Sisters
10 Blood Stalkers
1 Cauldron of Blood
1 Slaughter queen
1 Avatar of Khaine
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Re: Tale of Many Gamers Daughters of Khaine for Age of Sigmar

Post by Inquisitor Wall » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:22 pm

Not as much progress as I would have hoped in the last month or so, but I did assemble 10 more blood sisters and started painting a unit of 5 blood stalkers. I am finding myself intimidated by painting the stone stairs and column on Morathi (Something that has also plagued my painting of Immortals for Skorne).
I did move my army to a new home, so took a group shot of what is painted.

My goal for march is to complete the Blood Stalkers and play a game.
Attachments
20190301_213002.jpg
Wyrd Henchman

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Re: Tale of Many Gamers Daughters of Khaine for Age of Sigmar

Post by Inquisitor Wall » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:44 am

It has been a long time since I updated the Daughters of Khaine, but since last time, I have finished paining a unit of Blood Stalkers, assembled a cauldron of blood and played a 2k point game. I also picked up movement trays for the army to make it a little quicker.

First game with daughters was against skaven. I ended up losing pretty significantly but it was really fun. I ended up using Morathi, a bloodwrack medusa (general), hag on cauldron, 30 witch elves, 2 units of 5 blood sisters, 2 units of 5 blood stalkers, 1 unit of 5 heartrenders, temple nest battalion. The mortal wounds from the temple nest were pretty awesome. I would probably drop morathi and increase the size of blood sisters and probably add a second cauldron next time.
Attachments
20190620_092827.jpg
20190620_092255.jpg
Wyrd Henchman

Return to “A Tale of Many Gamers 2019 Edition”