Round 3 pairings

WildBorr
Veteran

Re: Round 3 pairings

Postby WildBorr » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:57 am

I can do either day at 6:30, so let's just say Tuesday.

Kowal
Veteran

Postby Kowal » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:11 am

Guess I should have responded saying I was definite. I went to the shop last night but the place was a ghost town. I'll be continuing to check in on Wednesdays for my two games.
This just goes to show: No matter how stupid and useless a weapon may look to you, some guy in Asia with too much time on his hands has figured out how to use it to kill five ninjas.

Solicitor 6
Whiteshield

Postby Solicitor 6 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:14 am

Ben,

I was there at about 4:30, but I just did not feel in the mood for a game and it was just as ghostly so I bounced after about 15 minutes.

I'll confirm with you for next Wednesday, the 16th. Your band of misfits will feel the wrath of the Onyabun.
The best way to figure out where you come from, is to figure out where you're going and work your way backwards. -The Doctor

Kowal
Veteran

Postby Kowal » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:31 pm

Oooooo sticky buns! They make me...

want to...

RRRRGGGH...

RIP MY SHIRT OFF!!!
This just goes to show: No matter how stupid and useless a weapon may look to you, some guy in Asia with too much time on his hands has figured out how to use it to kill five ninjas.

WildBorr
Veteran

Postby WildBorr » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:00 pm

Me and Jason got our game in, McMourning beat Yan Lo 10-4

cidewithme
Whiteshield

Postby cidewithme » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:48 am

Confirming Steve's Report. It was my turn to get tabled by the end of turn 3.
'This is the age of total digitalisation; everything is online always.'
'Uh huh, and that's why our politicians are pure and clean, and the world works so well, is it? Because everybody knows everything and there's no hiding place.
Peter F. Hamilton

Solicitor 6
Whiteshield

Postby Solicitor 6 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:02 am

In a game where both Ben and I were completely slap happy with crew selection, Brewmaster defeated Misaki 8-7.

Apparently, Misaki was far away from the Little Kingdom when she got the call about the informant and had to pull together the dregs she could find of Ashes and Dust, Johana, Hans, a Ronin, and the Hodgepodge Emissary.

On the other hand, the Brewmaster found a group that if the most dedicated alcoholic saw, would swear they had consumed too much (Genbu, Yin, Lust, an Illuminated, a Komainu, and the Shadow Effigy).
The best way to figure out where you come from, is to figure out where you're going and work your way backwards. -The Doctor

Kowal
Veteran

Postby Kowal » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:57 am

Confirming John's post. Also, we both played like bumbling schmucks most of the way through. Missing triggers, forgetting to read our cards, blocking our own line of sight, and just generally being our own worst enemies. Somehow it was still really entertaining, and thanks to an extra turn at the end I almost managed to get the game tied up-- It involved having Hans (0) focus off his upgrade, cap Ashes and Dust for severe, cap Ashes and Dust again for weak killing it, dumping the Ashen Core on the informant with Scramble on it (oh so useful!), and spawning the Dust Storm on top of a Komainu running down the sideline. I was claiming Extraction and Show of Force with one half of Ashes and Dust while the other half nearly denied him a VP in a showdown with a grizzly, lone survivor Komainu.

Corwin
Veteran

Postby Corwin » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:02 am

Kevin and I had our game yesterday, he won 9-8. It was a hard fought game on both sides. My emissary started with throwing a kink in Kevin ' s forward movement with his hazardous marker between the Brewmaster ' s crew and the imforment. His Tannen realy messed up my plans as I ended up holding on to a high card 3 different rounds (12,13,RJ). Lucius at first politely refused the Brewmaster's drinks but after he kept insisting even a pompous snob can't refuse and ended up getting just as trashed as everyone else. Trying to kill Tannen proved to much for my crew, at one point Lucius had to pass the drinking contest on a - flip did that fine with the RJ, then had Tannen's manipulative with -3 willpower from poison, he just got drunker and drunker. It was a great game I was able to try out my changeling who did well with a ++ on attacks one from Lucius the other from the emissary.
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with BS. If that doesn't work, riddle them with bullets.

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:35 am

That was certainly one of the strangest games Ive played. It was really a toss up right to the end. However my favorite part was Graves getting so drunk he killed the doppleganger with a fence post. I totally picture him seeing someone who looks just like himself and in his drunken state picked a fight with her. The changling was pretty awesome and worked well with Lucius.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Return to “East coast Malifaux League”