Session 2 Pairings (August 11th-24th)

A location for people to post league results and photos of completed models.
Kowal
Veteran

Re: Session 2 Pairings (August 11th-24th)

Postby Kowal » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:41 am

Jonah, I didn't see you around last week. I'll be in tomorrow and prefer to get started early. What time can we get this underway?
This just goes to show: No matter how stupid and useless a weapon may look to you, some guy in Asia with too much time on his hands has figured out how to use it to kill five ninjas.

Verbena76
Recruit

Postby Verbena76 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:44 pm

Jakob Lynch beat Seamus 3-0 with Turf War and Make Them Suffer. Sadly, Seamus ran away before he could be assassinated!

cidewithme
Whiteshield

Postby cidewithme » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:19 pm

John played me in my challenge game for this session: the Karate Kid Vs. Murder Twins.
Seeing Sensei Yu setting up for handing out fast to 3 models in turn 2, Vik of Blood took him down at the end of the first turn. At the end of turn 2, only Shen Long and a Shadow effigy remained against the full might of the mercenaries of murder. We called it at that point 10-0 Viks.

The Viks are BRUTAL! The general consensus on how to beat them seems to be to bait them in with an irresistible model and hope to get the jump on them. Playing them has only made me more afraid to face them at NOVA.
'This is the age of total digitalisation; everything is online always.'
'Uh huh, and that's why our politicians are pure and clean, and the world works so well, is it? Because everybody knows everything and there's no hiding place.
Peter F. Hamilton

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:37 am

BURT JEBSON!!!

You see Burt Jebson as he drops out of a helicopter riding on a giant Backwater Pepperbox.

BOOM BOOM BOOM!!!!!

Blood, brains and tentacles splatter everywhere

BOOM BOOM!!!

He shoots a Teddy

BOOM!!!

He shoots a baby!

BURT! BURT! BURT! BURT! BURT! BURT!

"BURT! Wake up!"

"Nyuh?"

"You fell asleep behind the shed drunk again and made Gracie and Trixiebelle do all the work"

"I did?"

"Yeah you shoulda seen it! Ophelia and the gang ran into some of them Neverborn critters and that Pandora. Ophelia came out and called Pandora a CHICKEN! Funny as heck, Ophelia opened fire and Pandora deflected all the bullets with rings on her middle fingers!"

"No!"

"Yeah! Then Ophelia went and hid in the woods, har har har!!!....err, you aint' gonna tell her I said that, are ya?"

"Maybe...what else happened?"

"Trixiebelle went mad! She started shootin' off her big honkin' gun, took out Teddy...my brother Redshirt LaCroix and even shot Ophelia!"

"HOOOEEY!!"

"Girls are crazy!"

"Yeah Gremlin girls are crazy, why are they so violent?"

I had a crazy fun game with Natasha last night, it was our challenge game. I'm regretting not making an all female crew, because the girls rule...but I somehow can't not take Burt Jebson in every Malifaux game I play. I love playing Gremlins, they just do crazy stuff. Those silly things above really happened! Well, except the Helicopter. I hope Natasha had as much fun as I did watching all the silliness unfold.

We played Squatters Rights, Corner Deployment. I chose Line in the Sand and Protect Territory schemes and won 9-0.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Kowal
Veteran

Postby Kowal » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:52 pm

I want to live in a world where every game that is ever played is reviewed Dez-style.
This just goes to show: No matter how stupid and useless a weapon may look to you, some guy in Asia with too much time on his hands has figured out how to use it to kill five ninjas.

pupilot
Whiteshield

Postby pupilot » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:24 pm

Kowal wrote:I want to live in a world where every game that is ever played is reviewed Dez-style.

Me too and I played the game!

I did have fun. Pandora thought she was going to take out Ophelia (got her down to 3 wounds left, I think), until she ran chicken into the woods. Such a shame....

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:53 pm

She was down to 1 wound :) Then I was all like 'DUH I can use SOULSTONES to DAMAGE PREVENT and spend my upgrades to HEAL. So that's what happened. In the woods. Then Trixiebelle started shooting her. Would have killed her if I hadn't remembered damage prevention.

:)
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Kowal
Veteran

Postby Kowal » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:00 pm

Happening across a Kung Fu pajama party in the wilderness, Tara saw a great opportunity to get her band of mercenary idiots drunk and rowdy. Barging in most unwelcome, the group took up badass combat poses. A beast of pure entropy was the vanguard, who devoured a Tri-Chi warrior and got distracted by the idea that you could fit an awful lot of whiskey in the endless void. With the Nothing Beast good and drunk, and a prison escapee pistoliero good and on fire, things looked grim for Tara and her chuckleheads. It took some team work with fellow stalwart (and massive party pooper) Bishop to turn the Brewmaster in to crumbled up turkey bacon and en-jellify the organs of Sensei Yu, and with some manipulation over the flow of time it would appear that Tara had always had seven victory points.

Final score 7-5 in a challenge game over Kevin, because Tara is a jerk and Bishop is the greatest punch-artist that ever lived.

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:04 pm

I had you 4-3 until tara added 2 extra turns. What a brutal game. Right down to the wire.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Kowal
Veteran

Postby Kowal » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:23 pm

Tara's on a tear, now. Sorry, that joke was Tara-ble. Tara continued to plague her well paid murdermonsters with stupid humor as they underwent a secret mission to capture a polio victim in the middle of the woods having a fancy tea party with his robots. You know, everyday stuff. His guard dogs initially made a break for it, but then tried to defend their master by running down the throat of an insatiable void beast. Also, Tara was sick and tired of Johana's crap so she let a guardian beat her to death. Hey, two birds one stone! In the end the robots were dispatched (some of them temporarily to the void) and Hoffman was apprehended by Bishop. There were also some stashes or something. They were groovy I guess.

Tara defeats Jonah 9-1.

Return to “Malifaux Summer Grow League”