Session 2 Pairings (August 11th-24th)

A location for people to post league results and photos of completed models.
Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Session 2 Pairings (August 11th-24th)

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:47 pm

Pairings for the second session of the grow league are posted below. All games should be played at 40 Soulstones and players can agree to use either the standard strategies and schemes or the Gaining grounds 2016 set. You can post results in this thread, or through PM or email.

Pairings:
Kevin (Brewmaster) v Corwin (McMourning)
Kowal (Tara) v. Jonah (Hoffman)
Tony B (Marcus) v John (Shenlong)
Nate (Viks) v Shawn (Marcus)
Allen (Lynch) v Hillary (Seamus)
Jason (Viks) v Steve (Zoraida)
Dez (Ophilia) v. Natasha (Pandora)

Players are welcome to play games at any location and also get one challenge game this session. The first challenge game you play will be counted, but you can play against multiple players to ensure those who want challenge games can get them in.

If you have results from the first session, please be sure to post them in the session 1 thread to keep it easier for me. Also, I will post up the current points in this post after session 1 is complete.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

WildBorr
Veteran

Re: Session 2 Pairings (August 11th-24th)

Postby WildBorr » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:30 pm

Me and Corwin did a challenge game. We called it part way through turn 4, I was up about 6-3 I think? Things were just not flipping well for McMourning.

WildBorr
Veteran

Postby WildBorr » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:09 pm

Vik of blood stomped me into paste, killing Zoraida and McTavish by the first activation of turn 2.

Solicitor 6
Whiteshield

Postby Solicitor 6 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:23 pm

Tony and I played our pairing today.

Marcus and company were able to neutralize Shenlong 6-2.

Apparently Marcus and Myranda (turned into a Sabertooth Cerebus) did not appreciate Fermented River Style as they decided to pound on Shenlong until he passed out drunk. Of course, Shenlong kept drunkenly stumbling around so they ended up hitting each other for several shots.
The best way to figure out where you come from, is to figure out where you're going and work your way backwards. -The Doctor

TonyB
Whiteshield

Postby TonyB » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:17 am

Natasha and I did a challenge game. Knowing that Pandora was trying extract a valuable informant, Marcus was able to prepare with Hunger Cry to boost the willpower of his crew, but more importantly, reduce the willpower of the interlopers and apply the law of meat to them turning them into prey. A docile Teddy(in the form of Miss Ery) was held in place by lowly peons keeping him out of the fray.

Final score Marcus-7, Pandora-3.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:23 am

Natasha can you play Wednesday?
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

pupilot
Whiteshield

Postby pupilot » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:53 pm

Confirming Tony's result.

Pandora, Candy, and Miss Ery survived, but the flip of the cards was not in our favor.

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:30 pm

I played my scheduled game against Corwin today. He took an early lead scoring 3 vp by the end of turn 2, but I scored 8 over the final 3 turns for an 8-3 win. McMourning does not like ending up at a WP of 2 for very long.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

cidewithme
Whiteshield

Postby cidewithme » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:58 pm

We called it after Vik of Blood's 2nd activation as Johana and Sue were each on a flank with Gupps and Silurid, respectively, to lock in Hunting Party and deny Covert Breakthrough, and there was no way for an almost dead Juju and Iggy to hold the stash markers against Vik of Ash and 2 Ronins.
Last edited by cidewithme on Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'This is the age of total digitalisation; everything is online always.'
'Uh huh, and that's why our politicians are pure and clean, and the world works so well, is it? Because everybody knows everything and there's no hiding place.
Peter F. Hamilton

Solicitor 6
Whiteshield

Postby Solicitor 6 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:25 pm

Shawn and I had a challenge game as Shenlong tried again to take on Marcus.

This time, he proved successful, scoring a tight 7-6 victory.

Marcus thought he had Shenlong as his mercy when he Howled at the master, followed by turning him into a beast and domesticating him. Unfortunate for Marcus, he then started attacking Shenlong when he was in Low River Style with Defensive +3, negating the negative. Then Shenlong activated, dropping his defensive and taking on Fermented River Style, turning the domestication negative into a positive and drunkenly knocking the beastmaster out.
The best way to figure out where you come from, is to figure out where you're going and work your way backwards. -The Doctor

Return to “Malifaux Summer Grow League”