Session 1 (July 27-Aug 11)

A location for people to post league results and photos of completed models.
Dez
Storm Trooper

Re: Session 1 (July 27-Aug 11)

Postby Dez » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:10 pm

Oooh, that sounds like how I play!
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Verbena76
Recruit

Postby Verbena76 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:32 pm

My game with Natasha (Jakob Lynch vs. Pandora) ended with a 6-0 victory for me. We flipped Squatter's Rights, and Pandora's crew bravely charged forward to make them suffer and breakthrough. Sadly, Huggy and the Illuminated had other plans.

Kowal
Veteran

Postby Kowal » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:36 pm

Oops I posted this in the wrong thread. Womp womp. Played an awesome and brutal challenge game with Jason of Tara vs Viktorias. In spite of buying the farm super early, Tara's crew of murdermonsters took down the Viks and scored a 7-6 victory.
This just goes to show: No matter how stupid and useless a weapon may look to you, some guy in Asia with too much time on his hands has figured out how to use it to kill five ninjas.

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:20 am

I played my scheduled game against Dez. Ophilia and her crew put out a ton of damage and even with sending Francois back to the deployment zone, nearly every model I had died. I had a komainu with 2 wounds left at the end of the game. However a well placed scheme marker pulled off three VP leading me to a 8-5 win for the Brewmaster.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

cidewithme
Whiteshield

Postby cidewithme » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:22 am

Our score was actually 7-5 in Ben's favor. I would describe the game as such:

'This is the age of total digitalisation; everything is online always.'
'Uh huh, and that's why our politicians are pure and clean, and the world works so well, is it? Because everybody knows everything and there's no hiding place.
Peter F. Hamilton

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:21 pm

First off, I dont really know what the above does to describe a game. That's the weirdest clip. Your game had knights dancing and kicking you over by accident?

John and I played a challenge game. It was a match of one million mighty gusts pushing guild hounds off the center line, then they move back, and repeat!
Eventually my Peacekeeper pacified the area by turning Shenlong and friends into a tranquil pulp.
I won. I think it was about 9 to 5.

And it was another game with some funny jokers. Yin flipped a black joker very early, ensuring she couldnt finish the guild hounds.
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:25 pm

Inquisitor Wall wrote:I played my scheduled game against Dez. Ophilia and her crew put out a ton of damage and even with sending Francois back to the deployment zone, nearly every model I had died. I had a komainu with 2 wounds left at the end of the game. However a well placed scheme marker pulled off three VP leading me to a 8-5 win for the Brewmaster.

That was a lot of fun, it's been too long since I've played some Malifaux. Trixiebelle's gun was brutal.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Solicitor 6
Whiteshield

Postby Solicitor 6 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:55 pm

Confirming Jonah's results.

It was Interference with both of us taking Convict Labor and Leave Your Mark.

The plan was simple. 10 Thunder's Brother would be blown with a bunch of scheme markers to the centerline and then run to some out of the way spot and keep dropping scheme markers while occupying a table quarter. Yin was to go quickly take care of the hounds and then tar pit Hoffman's Mechanical Death Star. Shenlong and Yu would occupy quarters as needed and put a hurt or support on as needed.

Yin must have looked at herself in a mirror because she was gone by the start of Turn 2 having done a grand total of 1 damage to a hound and locking it in place. She flipped the Black Joker both Turn 1 and 2; once on attack, the other on defense.

Yu tried his best to keep the Hounds at bay, but just did not have enough AP, or position to deal with them and the Watcher.

The lowlight of the night came at the start of Turn 4. Shenlong went first with Fermented River Style to take advantage of the Peacekeeper's Hard to Wound with some drunken kung fu. For some bizarre reason he also decided to take a Defensive. When the Peacekeeper failed to go down to the fists of drunken fury, Shenlong was staring face to face with a big ugly machine with a self-imposed negative on defense.

The Peacekeeper got one out of turn shot at him in such a state before a Peasant sacrificed itself to let Shenlong flip to Low River Style. It did little good as when the Peacekeeper activated, there was eventually a Shenlong shaped hole in the ground.

At least the 10 Thunder Brother did what he was supposed to. Far away from the action.
The best way to figure out where you come from, is to figure out where you're going and work your way backwards. -The Doctor

Kowal
Veteran

Postby Kowal » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:49 pm

Commander_Jay wrote:First off, I dont really know what the above does to describe a game. That's the weirdest clip. Your game had knights dancing and kicking you over by accident?

Try to embrace the silliness and chaos of the clip rather than the surface level subject matter. Our game was a bizarre and quirky affair. Though it also had a lot of really intense movement and positioning shenanigans, so it was also really satisfying.
This just goes to show: No matter how stupid and useless a weapon may look to you, some guy in Asia with too much time on his hands has figured out how to use it to kill five ninjas.

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:04 am

Nate won against Hillary.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Return to “Malifaux Summer Grow League”