Playing the Corellian Conflict

pasewi
Whiteshield

Playing the Corellian Conflict

Postby pasewi » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:02 am

Wave 5 and the CC are now "on the boat," which makes it hard to estimate their street date. The most recent estimate about a month ago was "November," and it's hard to believe they wouldn't have a Q4 product on sale in time for Christmas. But we don't know.

In the meantime, can we get signups going for a Corellian Conflict league? I'm sure we can fill a group of 2-6 players for this, which means we ought to order a League Kit or two. Let's try to get a roster ready to go, so that we can launch when the expansion is released. If nobody is planning to take this up already, I'll give it a shot.

Patrick

Kowal
Veteran

Re: Playing the Corellian Conflict

Postby Kowal » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:03 pm

I'd pew pew the hell out of some space boats like a boss. And I'll run Rebels because my core is hard.
This just goes to show: No matter how stupid and useless a weapon may look to you, some guy in Asia with too much time on his hands has figured out how to use it to kill five ninjas.

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Postby Kinne » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:21 pm

I reached out to J about getting the league kit. The school year has been kicking me down pretty hard, but it should be cleared up by the holidays. I was thinking January/February, because December tends to be crazy.

The campaign is designed for 2-4 people, but once we have it in-hand it'll be easier to determine if there is an easy way to scale up to beyond four.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

pasewi
Whiteshield

Postby pasewi » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:53 am

Says more than four: "Packed with promotional cards, each kit comes with enough prize material to host a five-week campaign event for one group of up to six players."

My vote is to do it as early as it's out... Assuming that can work for others.

Kinne

Postby Kinne » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:05 pm

Still On the Boat. . .I'm guessing it won't get out early enough to run a full campaign before the holidays. Patrick, are you still going to be around come January/February?

And I was referring to the campaign itself with the player cap. I thought I had read somewhere that it was designed for 2-4 players.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

pasewi
Whiteshield

Postby pasewi » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:09 pm

Yeah, I'll still be around. My suggestion to run it ASAP was simply aspirational. It seems shocking that FFG would fail to get the Corellian Conflict and Wave 5 onto shelves in time for Christmas. I guess if we see it get to distributors in the next week or so it could still make it but holy logistics Batman they're dropping the ball. Maybe they're geniuses and they're synchronizing the release to line up with Rogue One.

Meantime, I'm still playing, so let me know if you want to get some games in.

Kinne

Postby Kinne » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:48 pm

Hopefully soon. This new job has really kicked by backside.

And I would hazard a guess that it'll be on shelves before Christmas, but only just.

pasewi
Whiteshield

Postby pasewi » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:01 pm

Word is that the CC is out next week. Wanna start this up in January, on Wednesdays?

Sounds like we've got four so far. Might as well recruit for six, either advertising on FB or in the store?

Kinne

Postby Kinne » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:01 pm

I haven't had a chance to talk to J or anyone from the store. Do you know if they got the league kit?

pasewi
Whiteshield

Postby pasewi » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:46 am

I haven't heard anything about getting a store kit, but I clearly am all in favor of it. Hell, we might be able to get two campaigns going at once if we get more than six people interested in the area.

Return to “Armada”