Armada Escalation League - Session 3

For discussing X-Wing, Armada and Legion.
WildBorr
Veteran

Armada Escalation League - Session 3

Post by WildBorr » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:21 am

We're now at the halfway point of the league, pushing the games to 300 points. Keep them on a 3x3 for the last time, and stay frosty! Current standings are as such:

Kinne - 20
Kowal - 18
Paul - 16
Russell - 16
Kevin - 14
Patrick - 13
Chris S - 11
Dez - 11
Steve - 10
Chris (CptNemo) - 14
Shawn - 6
Bob - 6

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Re: Armada Escalation League - Session 3

Post by Kinne » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:21 pm

Were there really no games last Wednesday?
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Dez
Storm Trooper

Post by Dez » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:28 pm

We stayed in Agawam and played Silver Tower, planning to go to the store this Wednesday.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder
I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

moffmalthus
Recruit

Post by moffmalthus » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:19 pm

Patrick and I played a game and he defeated me soundly again. I believe that was the only game on Wed... not a lot of people at the store.
"You don't know the power of the dark side." -Lord Vader

Kowal
Veteran

Post by Kowal » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:44 pm

I was going to but I got drawn in to a Blood Bowl double header instead and, well, priorities man! These lizards and vamps aren't going to play themselves!
This just goes to show: No matter how stupid and useless a weapon may look to you, some guy in Asia with too much time on his hands has figured out how to use it to kill five ninjas.

Kowal
Veteran

Post by Kowal » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:24 pm

Got a game in against Kinne this morning. Looked like I made a huge mistake when I took an interceptor-heavy list and it turned out he took no squadrons, but my interceptors turned out to be pretty good at ship hunting and I routed him by about 180 VPs.
This just goes to show: No matter how stupid and useless a weapon may look to you, some guy in Asia with too much time on his hands has figured out how to use it to kill five ninjas.

Kowal
Veteran

Post by Kowal » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:08 pm

Got my second game in, in a rematch against the traitorous Moff Kuzmeski. ISD Butt Pillager made a triumphant return, bringing its advanced armaments to bear against a duo of Gladiator class starships.

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Post by Kinne » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:11 pm

So Steve will tell you it was "dice" or "his opponent's list", but he's just trying to cover the fact that he got his face stomped off.

Or that I blew up one ship and ran away. But we'll call it face stomping.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

moffmalthus
Recruit

Post by moffmalthus » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:07 pm

I defeated Dan for my second 300 point game and I also played a game a against Patrick and won that game as well.
"You don't know the power of the dark side." -Lord Vader

pasewi
Whiteshield

Post by pasewi » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:25 pm

Confirming my (last week) game against Paul as a victory, and another (this week) game against Paul as a defeat. Indeed Darth Moffmalthus is powerful, as the Emperor has foreseen. He has learned well the power of making me tilt into his ship so hard I drove off the board like a noob. Sadly, my 300 point experiment in making Commander Vader work is a 1-1 inconclusive split. Back to the lab with that one.

Return to “Star Wars”