Armada Wave 4: Interdictor and Liberty MonCals

For discussing X-Wing, Armada and Legion.
pasewi
Whiteshield

Armada Wave 4: Interdictor and Liberty MonCals

Postby pasewi » Fri May 20, 2016 12:58 pm

WildBorr
Veteran

Re: Armada Wave 4: Interdictor and Liberty MonCals

Postby WildBorr » Fri May 20, 2016 1:20 pm

I just passed out from lack of blood flow to my head

Kowal
Veteran

Postby Kowal » Fri May 20, 2016 1:21 pm

Wow, FFG really does not want rebels to have high-hull ships. The Liberty's front arc is horrifying though, and looks fun.

I've been replaying the old X-Wing and TIE Fighter series lately and it's kind of making me want to build up a fleet of crappy little rebel ships for ha-has. Maybe I'll get around to it soon.
This just goes to show: No matter how stupid and useless a weapon may look to you, some guy in Asia with too much time on his hands has figured out how to use it to kill five ninjas.

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Postby Kinne » Fri May 20, 2016 1:51 pm

I just saw this myself, and rushed here to post about it. Oh my dingus. The interdictor looks like it will be so much fun, and so much fun to screw with your opponent. I would definitely switch my blue objective to Minefields. Create a cluster on one side of the board with mines, then place the gravity well token to cover the rest of the deployment area. Your opponent has to deploy their entire fleet at speed zero, and won't be able to bank a token turn one or two, like a lot of people count on. Plus nine hull, Blue/Black anti-squadron and five engineering. I hope it can take upgrades that will make good use of that engineering value. At the very least, give it Projection Experts and it can constantly bounce shields to something like an ISD while also regenerating them.

And the Liberty, finally the Rebs get an adorable, little baby ISD. With five forward shields.

Also it looks like a few new Turbolaser and Ion Cannon upgrades, something called "Flight Coordinators" on the Interdictor, and finally good ol' General Madine makes an appearance. I don't even want to think about how dodgy CR90 and MC30 swarms are going to be now.

Also, I need Veteran Gunners. Like, thirty of them. They're one point more expensive than Ordnance Experts, but let you re-roll all of your dice. Veteran Gunners + Leading Shots + Vader = Ungodly amounts of damage.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Fri May 20, 2016 2:07 pm

Very cool. I am glad the rebels are getting another large ship.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

pasewi
Whiteshield

Postby pasewi » Fri May 20, 2016 6:37 pm

Kinne wrote:Also, I need Veteran Gunners. Like, thirty of them. They're one point more expensive than Ordnance Experts, but let you re-roll all of your dice. Veteran Gunners + Leading Shots + Vader = Ungodly amounts of damage.

Yeah, but you have to reroll all of them, so they're not as flexible as either Leading Shots or Ordnance Experts. They're only good if you totally wiff.

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Postby Kinne » Sat May 21, 2016 3:20 am

Not so. If you have a mediocre to bad roll, use Veteran Gunners to re-roll everything. Then Vader. Then Leading Shots.

They won't be as effective on their own as Leading Shots or Ordnance experts can be, but they can be taken by ships that don't have blue or black dice. Even on its own, it's a nice insurance policy.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Return to “Star Wars”