Imperial Assault Skirmish Mode

For discussing X-Wing and Armada.
Kowal
Veteran

Imperial Assault Skirmish Mode

Postby Kowal » Sun May 08, 2016 2:43 pm

Hey all. I was hoping to get a chance to effectively demo myself on Star Wars Day to learn the Skirmish variant of Imperial Assault, and I'm wondering if anyone's interested in trying to figure it out with me. Apparently there's a pretty healthy tournament circuit in other states and if the game's fun I'd be curious about getting tournament kits and running something locally.

I currently own most of the product line for the regular campaign mode, so I'd be happy to spot people minis to give it a whirl and see if you like it.
This just goes to show: No matter how stupid and useless a weapon may look to you, some guy in Asia with too much time on his hands has figured out how to use it to kill five ninjas.

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Re: Imperial Assault Skirmish Mode

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Sun May 08, 2016 6:11 pm

Id love to try it out. Looks like what the old wizkids game should have been.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

pasewi
Whiteshield

Postby pasewi » Sun May 08, 2016 6:38 pm

I've had my eye on this game for a while. Wednesday?

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Postby Kinne » Sun May 08, 2016 9:56 pm

Inquisitor Wall wrote:Id love to try it out. Looks like what the old wizkids game should have been.

Shots fired!

And a reasonable skirmish mode would counteract the one negative thing I've heard about Imp Assault - that it's very one-sided and always consists of a few Rebels against a ton of Imperials. I'd be willing to check it out, too.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Sun May 08, 2016 10:09 pm

A few rebels vs a bunch of imperials sounds like Star Wars. I will say the game we played where Vader showed up felt appropriately powered.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Postby Kinne » Sun May 08, 2016 10:21 pm

I think I should expound on that. Several people have described something akin to Space Hulk. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy Space Hulk. But it's designed for the Terminators to die. Horribly. Almost every time. You have to play aggressive, move fast and not make a mistake, or it's over.

That's kind of how Imperial Assault has been described. That, and you play through the scenarios then there's really nothing else. Now if there's a more-balanced skirmish mode, so not every game is the same, that would liven things up a bit and might convince me to pick it up.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Return to “Star Wars”