Scum and villainy

For discussing X-Wing and Armada.
Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Scum and villainy

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:18 am

I have been intrigued by x-wing for some time, but I'm curious how the new bounty hunter faction is. Are they on par with the other factions? I'm really curious about the faction.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Re: Scum and villainy

Postby Commander_Jay » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:39 pm

Yes. All three factions are equally powerful and balanced. Plus Scum has the advantage of being new so they're getting the most stuff with each release.

And in terms of competitiveness they're just fine. They've had many top lists and finishes in big events.
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Kowal
Veteran

Postby Kowal » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:05 pm

Playstyle-wise, I've found the Scum ships aren't going to blow you away with any clever combos or overpowered pilots, but everything is just sort of "generic good". They roll lots of dice of both colors, they have good hit points and are relatively inexpensive on points.
This just goes to show: No matter how stupid and useless a weapon may look to you, some guy in Asia with too much time on his hands has figured out how to use it to kill five ninjas.

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:49 am

I haven't really messed with them yet, but I know a ton of people are playing them. They definitely hold their own. I think the last tournament was 3 Scum players, 2 Imperial, and 1 Rebel. It might have been 2 scum and 3 imperial, I can't exactly remember.

~J

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:02 pm

Scum was very popular at he regional event too. Lists of two big ships are popular (either Fireaprays and/or IG-2000s). But also some numbers and even swarms. They have some great tricks and moves that are unique to Scum.
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:36 pm

Picked up the most wanted starter and star viper really cheap on eBay, so I guess I am getting pulled into the game. Now to pick up some movement templates and dice at the shop on Wednesday and ill be ready to go.
Wyrd Henchman

Kowal
Veteran

Postby Kowal » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:30 pm

You won't regret it. I'm not sure I've ever played a miniatures game that had a higher ratio of time spent smiling while playing it.
This just goes to show: No matter how stupid and useless a weapon may look to you, some guy in Asia with too much time on his hands has figured out how to use it to kill five ninjas.

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:12 am

Alright, so I have someone sending me the rules and stuff this week. So I'll be good to go. Just need to pick up IG-2000 on Wednesday. Next question is are there any good discussion forums about the game? Clearly from reading the cards there are some good tricks, but it's always good to see other people's thoughts.
Wyrd Henchman

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:06 am

I know a lot of people use FFG's own forums. And for videos the original popular ones came from Team Covenant and some others.

Also, here works too.
-Commander Jay

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:14 pm

Found someone on barter town to send me starter stuff for cost of shipping. Picked up IG-2000 and dice at off the wall this week, so I'm good to go. Anyone up for some games next week?
Wyrd Henchman

Return to “Star Wars”