Dez ToMG 2014 - Skaven (RATS!)

This years Tale of Many Gamers Forum
Dez
Storm Trooper

Re: Dez ToMG 2014 - Tournament Army Shot

Postby Dez » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:07 pm

Played Dreadball, and it's great. Bob is bringing it tomorrow for anyone interested in checking it out.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:15 am

Here is a Belial conversion I painted up for a friend

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Thu May 01, 2014 12:13 pm

I forgot to post my progress, I started a HUGE amount of projects though I only got a few of them finished.

Some of the WIP from this Month:

Building/Started painting a Screaming Bell
Rebuild/Base/Almost finished painting a Doomwheel
Stripped/Fixed 30 Giant Rats
Mould lines on a Midguard Dreadball Team
Bunch of work (almost finished!) building and painting a 26 strong Veermyn Dreadball Team
Repaint on a Traitor Guard platoon
Painted a Weirdboy
Painted a Nurgle DP
Painted a Pre Heresy Thousand Sons Character

ADB

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Thu May 08, 2014 5:47 pm

Some rats scurrying!

I'm about halfway done, I'll have to finish them next weekend. I've had a great time building and painting these, I may have gone a bit overboard on the paint standard for the rats. The bases need a touch of something more now.

ADB

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Re: Dez ToMG 2014 - Skaven (RATS!)

Postby J Rzasa » Thu May 08, 2014 6:20 pm

What models did you use for the Giant Rats? I've always really liked the GW ones, but those don't look familiar.

~J

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Thu May 08, 2014 6:41 pm

Funny enough, they are just the plastic ones from the kit. Maybe I painted them different?

ADB

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Fri May 30, 2014 11:55 am

Lil Lunch Break Paint Job. I think I may have spent an hour on this total from build to paint, which ain't bad for a test model. I want them to be fairly fast and easy to do, these will be the Troops for the most part.

What am I testing? Why I'm going to build an army based on a fluffy little story in the 2008 Ork Codex about Tuska da Daemon Slaya. I had been thinking of doing a 'Counts As' Daemons army for a long time, even managed to find a Battle for Skull Pass set at Off the Wall a couple years ago. Night Goblins converted into Horrors, Spiders as Seekers. I think I'm going to convert some Warbikes into Skullcrushers...they will have a Ghost Rider theme. I have some Goblin Wolves to use as Hounds, though I'd been contemplating using Boars. Thing is, Boars get expensive...but we'll see. Greater Daemons will be converted out of Dreadnoughts, with Grots running all over them. Perhaps I'll magnetize them and use them as wound markers. It would actually be pretty funny to use them in the reverse order, and as the thing takes wounds more grots are seen trying to repair it. I've got a Araknid Spider to use as a Keeper of Secrets.

Tuska is going to be the center. He'll be fully converted and sculpted, probably going to be a kit bash from lots of stuff...but mainly a Daemon Prince and Ghorgon/Cygor.

ADB

Dez
Storm Trooper

Re: Dez ToMG 2014 - Da Zoggin' Zoggers Tankbustaz!

Postby Dez » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:23 am

Oi! Da Tankbustas is 'ere!

I've had these for...many lots of years, unpainted. I got them for the last Ork release, when they used to sell discounted bundles of every new model plus the new codex. It showed up earlier than release, too. Ahh, those were the days :mrgreen:

I'm almost finished with these, I need to add a few highlights in places.

ADB

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:08 pm

Those look really good. I like the limited, selective use of red to really make some components pop.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Corwin
Veteran

Postby Corwin » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:14 pm

Your painting is sweet as always. Those models are real cool too.
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with BS. If that doesn't work, riddle them with bullets.

Return to “ToMG 2014”