J Rzasa's 2014 Tale of Many Gamers Log

This years Tale of Many Gamers Forum
J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

J Rzasa's 2014 Tale of Many Gamers Log

Postby J Rzasa » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:25 am

Well, I failed. My goal was to post every Friday, and I got so busy working on stuff I never actually took pictures, which I'm going to rectify in the morning.

My plan for this month is to get the Templecon Table finished, and to paint some Mutant Conversions. I have 5 Mutants currently primed, and only a few more items to actually assemble for the Templecon Table.

So pictures tomorrow, and I'd like some input on how sparse one side is, I might have to add a room or two.

~J

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Re: J Rzasa's 2014 Tale of Many Gamers Log

Postby J Rzasa » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:37 pm

So, I finally got almost everything assembled, and pictures taken of the table. So, without further ado:

So here is the whole table. I'm pretty happy with it over all.

This is a close up shot of the second set of rooms. Some of you may have seen this in the store before Christmas. I focused on the power plant, since that is new, along with the computer. I'd like to assemble more of these props once I have time, to flesh out all the rooms. One of my ideas for a scenario was to have the marines have to travel around and get data off of these computers, and the power core was a cool looking prop I really wanted to put in here.

This is just a shot of the 2nd 2x4 section. This section was supposed to be in the middle of the table, and was supposed to be a cargo bay in between two sections of the ship. That's why it's covered in crates, hexcrates, and barrels. I don't think there is enough terrain on this section of the table, will you guys let me know what you think? I'd be trivial to add a room or two in here to break things up.

This image and the next are really just close ups of the barrels, crates, and hexcrates. They are really nice pieces, and I plan on using them to create some objective markers for 40k. I think gluing them down to Terminator sized bases would work amazing. But they are small, and don't take up nearly as much room as I'd have hoped. I spent basically the last two weeks assembling them, I've had the ground tiles done since Christmas.

So there you have it. Next up is more mutants, and some more computer screens. I might take the initiative and build some posts and walls in case we need to plug in a room or two.

~J

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:59 pm

That looks really cool. I like the added terrain in addition to the rooms. One thing you could do with the cargo hold if you want more terrain is to simply put in some vehicles. If it is a ship with space marines it would seem logical to have vehicles on it.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:06 am

On the World Works Games site someone pointed me to this site where a gentleman is listing free models: http://www.genetmodels.com/ebbles-minia ... 08-models/

The Hummingbird looks 40kish enough, I could make one or two as LOS blockers, and if I need to toss in a Rhino or two. That may work perfectly.

~J

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:21 pm

January saw the 5 beastmen finished:

I finished the other Beastmen for Feb, and will post them soonish.

The rest of Feb will be spent working on Western Buildings for Malifaux, and working on my Gremlins. I'm hoping to finish all my Gremlins and bang out enough buildings to have a play set at home and be able to drop some off at Off The Wall.

~J

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:32 pm

Looking good.
Wyrd Henchman

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:26 am

That terrain is great and the Beastmen have a lot of character.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:01 pm

Well, my updating progress has been slacking something fierce.

Feb Update:

I finished the Beastmen, and will hopefully put up a picture of them tomorrow. I almost definitely won't tonight.

I got a good amount of work done on my first Malifaux Building, and on my War Pig and Piglets, but was not able to finish them. Sadly, I don't think my goal of finishing my Warband by the end of the campaign will come to fruition, but I am almost done with the Warpig, so I'll at least have 1-7 models out of the crew done.

Again, pictures tomorrow most likely.

March Plans

This is hard to decide. Most likely I want to get more Gremlins done, in fact I'd really like the finish the warband. Especially since I know there will be more Gremlins coming in either March or April, and I'll want to add them to my group. In addition, I'd like to do more Terrain, and I think I'm going to add some Canyons on top of the buildings. They are much easier to build and paint.

However, I'd also like to get some Fantasy Painted, and maybe some 40k. I broke out my Black Templars for the first time in awhile the other day, and I really need to finish my Scouts and Land Raider Crusader.

So many models, so little time.

~J

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:52 pm

Alright, here are some pictures. The Mutants are for Feb, the building is a WIP shot, and everything else is March.

Mutants

Terrain WIP

Gremlins

More Gremlins being worked on, I'd love to complete this crew in March, though I don't think it'll happen.

~J

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:02 am

Those buildings will look awesome as part of a completed table.

The gremlins are looking pretty sweet so far as well.
Wyrd Henchman

Return to “ToMG 2014”