July Completions

whytwolf
Lord General

July Completions

Postby whytwolf » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:09 pm

Starting this early for anyone who is ready to post.
"It is the way of Fenris. We stay as long as we can. We fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more, do we move on."

whytwolf
Lord General

Re: July Completions

Postby whytwolf » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:09 pm

Completions for July:

Space Wolf Long Fangs:

Khadorian heavy warjack, Kodiak
"It is the way of Fenris. We stay as long as we can. We fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more, do we move on."

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Postby Slimnoid » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:02 am

Bring me your finest coffee!

thade
Veteran

Postby thade » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:00 pm

Nice work, guys. These models look great!

What did you guys do for your grey metal bits there? They look dull, like they were forged by a blacksmith instead having been machined. I like them. Slim, your boys especially. :)

I got one model out of four done, seen here:
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/inde ... pic=257206
Thade = Steve

While the enemies of the Emperor still draw breath, I have some faces that I need to crack open. @_@

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Postby Slimnoid » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:10 pm

thade wrote:Nice work, guys. These models look great!

What did you guys do for your grey metal bits there? They look dull, like they were forged by a blacksmith instead having been machined. I like them. Slim, your boys especially. :)

I got one model out of four done, seen here:
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/inde ... pic=257206

It's actually really easy, at least how I do it. Black base, to Boltgun Metal/Leadbelcher, to a dry brush of Chainmail/Ironbreaker. I then give it a wash of Badab Black/Nuln Oil, then when that dries I use Devlan Mud/Agrax Earthshade.

And that's it! You can leave it alone as-is, or go over the edges with Chainmail to make them pop out. Sometimes I'll do some light drybrushing with a brown and dull orange to give it a really rusted look before edging with silver (if I even edge at all), but it's not strictly necessary. If you happen to have any of the old GW inks, you can get a really nice greasy, oily look to the metallic bits, especially if you give thin lines where water would probably dribble down.
Bring me your finest coffee!

whytwolf
Lord General

Postby whytwolf » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:19 pm

Similar to Slims technique, but I just primer black, paint boltgun metal, black wash, dullcote. No drybrushing afterwards.

Return to “ToMG 2012”