New rules governing Tale of Many Gamers
1) Pledges - Completing a pledge gives you a +1 to your month score. To be eligible for this, you must have posted a pledge by the 15th of the month.
2) Scoring - We're going to even things up a bit. Here is our new scoring mechanism:
1 pt - Single Character Model. Limit 1. If you have more than 1 character model you wish to paint, consider any past the first as part of the next category.
1 pt - 5 Rank & File Models. This includes any extra Solos, Characters, dudes in a unit, beasts, etc.
1 pt - Big Rank & File Models, like Ogryns, Ogres, Trolls, Calvary, Terminators only need to consist of 3 to gain a pt.
1 pt - Large Model. Warjacks, Warbeasts, Chariots, etc.
# pts - Larger Models. No given point cost. These will be evaluated on a case by case basis by me, J Rzasa, or by the TMC at my discretion. Once I give a point value to a model, it will stick. I will keep a list of them. Good examples of this is any model that you look at and say "I can not realistically paint this in a month".
# pts - High Quality Painting. Some people paint slowly, but spend much more time painting to a very high quality. Multiple layers, shading effects, wet blending, hand drawn details, etc. Again, at the discretion of myself, J Rzasa, or the TMC if I am unable to make a call, we will award extra points for highly detailed painting.
3) Limit 5 pts from models painted, +1 pledge for a total of 6 pts a month. You may paint more things, but you will only receive 5 total points for a month from models painted.
4) What models Qualify. Models must have been unpainted on Jan 1st, 2012. They may be assembled, sprayed, and basecoat sprayed, but the majority of the model (90%) must be unpainted. Obviously, if all you did was paint the faces on a unit, and then haven't touched them, there won't be any complaints. But the vast majority of the model needs to be still primed, or the base spray color. If we catch you abusing this, you may be removed from the competition.
Models that were started after Jan 1st may be claimed in any month that they are fully painted, but may not be claimed in months before they were fully painted. If you finished a Warjack in May, you may not count it toward your total for April.
Models only need to be painted to qualify as an entry. Basing is not required. Some people do not base, some people base after the army is finished. Also, Basing is not required on our painting checklist when deciding if everything is painted. So it will not be used as a measuring stick.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Lord General
- Posts: 2065
- Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:31 am
- Location: South Hadley, MA
"It is the way of Fenris. We stay as long as we can. We fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more, do we move on."
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest