Thoughts on Mordheim

Randy
Whiteshield

Re: Thoughts on Mordheim

Postby Randy » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:23 am

Also you would get more player by not limiting involvement to members only.
If there is play testing done i don't see why we couldn't try the elves also. I played a few games against Danny (having him match my xp/g) and i think he only won once out of like 5 games. now granted we didn't have much in the way of terrain but we used 4 building with 1 floor.
Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.
George S. Patton

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Re: Thoughts on Mordheim

Postby Kinne » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:48 pm

It wasn't restricted to members.

And GW itself left out elves. To fully experience Mordheim, you should be playing on a table covered with terrain, with many buildings of several stories each. What makes Elves unbalanced is the fact that they fail Climb checks on a 6. . .and that's every model in the warband. So your ogres, at I1/2, would be bumbling around trying to catch them as they jump from building to building and shoot you full of arrows. If you finally manage to climb up there to get them, you can't charge that turn, so they just scamper down the building and up the next. Sure, their arrows are S3 and most warbands with crap Initiative (ogres, dwarfs, lizard saurus, orcs) are T4, but if you never catch them in combat and they have all game to shoot at you, you're going to die eventually. As I said, GW realized that elves were unbalanced and undercosted, and I don't want to take on the headache of trying to balance them out.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Return to “Mordheim League”