Shattered Grounds Season Two Signups (04/18 - 05/16)

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Shattered Grounds Season Two Signups (04/18 - 05/16)

Postby Kinne » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:56 am

Alright folks, the second season of Shattered Grounds, Thundercliff Peaks, is just under two weeks away. This will run much the same as the previous season. All of the documents can be found here:

http://privateerpress.com/thundercliff- ... -available

Most important of those are the Shattered Grounds rules (unchanged from the previous season):
http://privateerpress.com/files/2011%20 ... ules_1.pdf

And the Thundercliff Peaks rules:
http://privateerpress.com/files/thunder ... _Rules.pdf

This season, the entry fee will be $2 for members and $3 for non-members. The season will run from Monday, April 18th to Sunday, May 16th. We will be holding a finale event, in the form of a steamroller tournament, on the last day of the league, May 16th.

The other big change will be in game reporting. In the green binder, we will again have all of the rules. However, this season, there will be reporting sheets in the back of the binder. If your game is at Off the Wall, all you need to do is write the battle information there, and I will check it off and update the ladder. Games not played at Off the Wall will have to be posted on the forums, in the reporting thread.

Please reply to this thread if you intend to sign up. An asterisk (*) will be placed next to your name once you have submitted your entry fee. You will use your Battle Journal from the previous season. If you do not have one, please let me know so we can furnish you with one.

Signed Up:
Kinne*
Dez*
Natalie*
Brian*
Jonah
Bill*
Randy*
Josh*
Nick L.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Dez
Storm Trooper

Re: Shattered Grounds Season Two Signups (04/18 - 05/16)

Postby Dez » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:18 am

I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel here as far as gaming goes. Sign me up!
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Mi Yao
Whiteshield

Postby Mi Yao » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:19 am

Sign me up =) I can give you my $2 later today if you'll be at OTW.

whytwolf
Lord General

Postby whytwolf » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:22 am

I'm in so sign me up.

BTW - May 16th is a Monday. The finale event should be on the 15th.
"It is the way of Fenris. We stay as long as we can. We fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more, do we move on."

whytwolf
Lord General

Postby whytwolf » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:12 pm

Combat Engineer – Each player who participates in a designated pre-league event at his league
venue for painting, modeling, or terrain-making receives the Combat Engineer commendation for his
battle journal. League organizers can use this event in whichever manner works best for their local
players, choosing the date and details of the event to suit their group’s needs. If your venue could
really use more terrain or your players could use an extra incentive to paint, this is a great
opportunity to get people motivated.

Can we align this in some way with the ToMG?

Battle Dressed – Each player who paints a new unit during the league season receives the Battle
Dressed commendation for his battle journal.

Looks like they changed this from needing to be a Ranking Officer. Can we also align this in some way with the ToMG, since the season straddles two different ToMG pledge periods?
"It is the way of Fenris. We stay as long as we can. We fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more, do we move on."

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:07 pm

Sign me up!
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Kharn
Hardened Vet

Postby Kharn » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:23 am

I will be entering this league. I was able to find an army to use.
Do you see what's going on, it's change. The longer the changes improve.

whytwolf
Lord General

Postby whytwolf » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:12 am

whytwolf wrote:Combat Engineer – Each player who participates in a designated pre-league event at his league
venue for painting, modeling, or terrain-making receives the Combat Engineer commendation for his
battle journal. League organizers can use this event in whichever manner works best for their local
players, choosing the date and details of the event to suit their group’s needs. If your venue could
really use more terrain or your players could use an extra incentive to paint, this is a great
opportunity to get people motivated.

Can we align this in some way with the ToMG?

Battle Dressed – Each player who paints a new unit during the league season receives the Battle
Dressed commendation for his battle journal.

Looks like they changed this from needing to be a Ranking Officer. Can we also align this in some way with the ToMG, since the season straddles two different ToMG pledge periods?

In case you missed the announcement regarding these two items:

Combat Engineer We will be having a Wednesday evening dedicated to painting to satisfy the conditions for getting this stamp. You won't need to complete a model, but will have to at least make significant progress on it. Kinne will judge whether or not your effort merits the stamp.

Battle Dressed - If you pledge a Warmachine or Hordes model for your ToMG pledge or do it as an extra model (outside of your main pledge) and work on it/finish it during the league season then you can qualify for this stamp and the points for ToMG.

Notorious_BLT
Recruit

Postby Notorious_BLT » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:54 am

Sign me up! The empire cometh!

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:42 pm

Not sure how much I'll get to play this league, but what the hell?

Put me in

~J

Return to “Windless Wastes”