Infinity

For any systems without their own place
Ankaru
Veteran

Re: Infinity

Postby Ankaru » Sat May 16, 2015 4:34 pm

Echoing what Kev said, I hope you get better soon.

As for the lore of Infinity, is it on the same scale as 40k is? Or as in depth as my favorite game ever, Dragon Age? I'm sure by now there is plenty of it that is either unique or just good. The rules seem pretty solid, so I may try to play a game next Wednesday with some of my other models. I mainly play my daemons, so finding games to use them to proxy in is difficult. Eldar could work as humans, right?
Fantasy is cool. Sci-fi is cool too. But when you combine them, they become even cooler.

netgeist
Veteran

Postby netgeist » Sat May 16, 2015 10:24 pm

People are playing Dragon Age? Sweet! I need to break out my old stuff!

It's not as in depth as 40K but aspects of it remind me of Dark Age. It's higher tech and all but here's an example. Ariadna colonizes a planet and gets caught off from Earth. They struggle through two centuries of internecine civil war while also fighting against a native population. They finally get their stuff together when PanOceania and Yu Jing both happen upon the planet and each, in their own way, tells Ariadna they don't own the planet. They just own what they settled. PanO and Yu Jing immediately start colonizing other areas.

What is different about Dark Age is that it has a lot of political overtones. They do a good job of describing how current nationalism in various regions evolve into the factions of the game and how each tries to maintain ties with their histories.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to buy the new Dark Age rules!

- Bob

netgeist
Veteran

Postby netgeist » Wed May 20, 2015 3:40 am

Should be done with assembly tomorrow, so I maybe able to meet up for a game soon. Who's available when?

- netgeist

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Wed May 20, 2015 6:09 am

I may have an afternoon next week, this weekend and next are pretty busy though.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

netgeist
Veteran

Postby netgeist » Wed May 20, 2015 3:10 pm

Awesome. I doubt I'll have it painted by then but we can certainly run through it.

I am excited. This game was/is so awesome. Even more so now that there is good fiction around it.

Return to “Other Systems”