Infinity

For any systems without their own place
netgeist
Veteran

Infinity

Postby netgeist » Thu May 14, 2015 12:56 pm

Any Infinity players in the group? I played first edition but haven't since. I am interested in playing the new N3 rules.

- netgeist

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Re: Infinity

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Thu May 14, 2015 1:40 pm

I've been searching out the models, and am becoming increasingly interested in the game. I would like to find a fun new scifi game.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Thu May 14, 2015 11:34 pm

I've heard really good things. I can order anything anyone wants.

It's certainly something I'd be interested in, the models are gorgeous and the game I hear is really tight.

However, I worry about game saturation. How much are we really going to play with GW, Malifaux, Dystopian Wars, Dark Age which everyone seems to want to pick up, and everything else.

~J

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Fri May 15, 2015 5:32 am

Sadly I've been looking for something to replace 40k for me.
Wyrd Henchman

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Fri May 15, 2015 12:39 pm

I don't necessarily disagree with you. I still like the 40k models, I really enjoy painting and collecting. But the pace the rules have evolved in that game is very off putting.

I'd like to give Infinity a try. It looks like all the rules are available online. Any interest in putting together teams using other models and giving it a go? If it's fun, it could be worth getting into. If the games are fast, it won't be too much of an issue with other games getting in the way.

~J

Ankaru
Veteran

Postby Ankaru » Fri May 15, 2015 4:29 pm

J Rzasa wrote:I don't necessarily disagree with you. I still like the 40k models, I really enjoy painting and collecting. But the pace the rules have evolved in that game is very off putting.

I'd like to give Infinity a try. It looks like all the rules are available online. Any interest in putting together teams using other models and giving it a go? If it's fun, it could be worth getting into. If the games are fast, it won't be too much of an issue with other games getting in the way.

~J

I have the exact same thoughts, J. I too love 40k models and such. The rules do get sometimes complex, but I personally don't mind it. I would definitely try the infinity rules with other models just to see how the work and if I'd be interested in picking up actual models.
Fantasy is cool. Sci-fi is cool too. But when you combine them, they become even cooler.

netgeist
Veteran

Postby netgeist » Fri May 15, 2015 11:31 pm

Well, I received the Operation Icestorm set, which includes PanO and Nomads. I am working on them and will soon be able to play some games with you.

1st edition had a big following where I used to play and it was tight even then. Third edition is supposed to be even better.

Sadly, I won't be at the auction tomorrow as I hoped to. My doc changed my asthma medicine and I've had a nasty side effect that will take some time to recover from. By mid-next week, I should be good to go.

- netgeist

Ankaru
Veteran

Postby Ankaru » Sat May 16, 2015 8:41 am

To be honest, the models look great, but I need lore for me to get really truly interested in a game. It's why I love 40k and WFB, because of the lore, and the rules to me are secondary.

Does Infinity have lore? I'd assume it does, since most miniatures games do.
Fantasy is cool. Sci-fi is cool too. But when you combine them, they become even cooler.

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Sat May 16, 2015 9:02 am

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I hope you are stabilized soon and I look forward to hearing your first impressions of the game.
Wyrd Henchman

netgeist
Veteran

Postby netgeist » Sat May 16, 2015 12:20 pm

I'm with you Ankaru...I am a total lore whore. Miniatures are another way to develop an interactive story to me. The 1st edition of Infinity was an exception. The game was new so very little fiction existed. The rules were so good, it didn't matter.

This version of the game has the entire N3 rulebook for free online, which is great. If you buy the N3 rulebook, it comes in a slipcase with 180+ pages of setting info. You can also read a bit on the Infinity website.

I got back into 40k a little over a year ago because of the fiction. I wish I hadn't but since I spent the money, I am not giving it up. I would prefer to play this more frequently, though.

- Netgeist

Ps - I'll be fine, Kevin...it's just a painful and incredibly annoying side effect that happens to include lari gut is. am just bummed about today but for sure won't be there. I need to go to a doctor.

Return to “Other Systems”