Wrath of Kings

For any systems without their own place
Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Wrath of Kings

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:41 pm

Not sure if anyone else went in on the Wrath of Kings kickstarter besides J and I, but items are now shipping and from what I have been hearing both the models and the rules are pretty solid. It is produced by Cool mini or not so I would assume the continuation of the game will continue much like Dark Age. If anyone is interested in checking out the models or looking through the rules, Ill plan to bring my stuff to Off the Wall next Wednesday. I'm not sure if I'll have time to get familiar enough with the rules by then to play some games, but feel free to check it out.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Re: Wrath of Kings

Postby J Rzasa » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:40 pm

I'm supposed to get my models tomorrow afternoon. I plan to have them in the store most of the time, except when I start painting them.

If enough people are interested, I'll order the books and starter sets.

~J

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:23 pm

It'll be interesting to see how it works.I know a lot of people are interested in it.
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:31 pm

I'll probably put all my stuff together and leave it in the store as a demo kit. Anyone who wants to mess with it can.

~J

G-Bread
Whiteshield

Postby G-Bread » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:45 pm

Minis look good and i'm looking to learn a new game
You have been Governated!

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:19 pm

Initial thoughts on the rules.

There are 15 pages of rules in the book that cover everything from stats, attacks, army comp, deployment, missions, terrain, everything needed to play the game. Everything is super straight forward. Models get to move and attack in either order. Models roll a d10 for each attack and consult a chart on the enemy stat card. The chart coorosponds to what happens when hit. Either they lose a wound,2 wounds, hit armor, parry, or get to respond with a special trait are all listed on the card depending on the numbers rolled on the d10.
There are no point values for anything. Based on army size players can choose a number of troops, or trade in 2 level 1 troops to get 1 level 2 troop. Same goes for characters. Standard game is 30-40 models so similar in size to a warmachine game.

Each player chooses 1 mission for each game and works to complete their mission. Each faction can choose their mission from 2 mission categories. Most of the missions involve collections objective markers that are placed at the start of the game.

All in all it looks very straightforward and should be easy to play. The lack of points, and streamlined play look like the game should be quick and easy to learn.

I'll post again when I get to go through the models and do some assembling.
Wyrd Henchman

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:47 am

I ended up running through a demo with Randy last weekend at Templecon, and the game play is pretty good. Very straight forward and seems fast paced for a game that can have many models. I'd like to give it a shot on a slightly larger scale. The game is designed for a full game being 30-40 models, so Im curious if it maintains the speed at that level.

I assembled some of the werewolves last night and they seem very similar to Privateer Press plastics. Everything is set to push into specifically shaped holes and with a little glue they are set. Each figure comes in its own bag so there is really no worry of removing them from sprues or making sure you have the right piece for each figure.

Hopefully I can get some paint on them this weekend and post up some pictures.
Wyrd Henchman

Return to “Other Systems”