Major updates

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Major updates

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:55 am

http://www.spartangames.co.uk/master-rulebook-updates

Spartan games just released a major update to the rules for Dystopian wars. I plan to download and go through them tonight and tomorrow, but it seems like they worked to take out some of the gray areas, and make tiny flyers more simplistic. Looking forward to trying out some games with these changes. However, I was just becoming familiar enough with the last rules that I didnt have to look up so much while playing.

New printing of the book with these changes will be early next year.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

MadMike
Whiteshield

Re: Major updates

Postby MadMike » Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:02 pm

Wow, thanks for the heads up. :)

I looked over them and I like the changes. Tiny Flyers looks much easier to handle now. And, perhaps a bit weaker as any abort will shut down the entire wing. Seems fitting since they are free. :) Not sure how that impacts carriers though.

Some specific faction rules added, though none for FSA. (too good already? *grin*) Nothing major for Blazing sun to be fair.

Fleet composition changes are a good idea. Restricts someone from taking all air vs all naval for instance.

I like the victory condition chart as well. Gives a little focus to the game in a simple way.

Over all, looks good I think.
Must paint more models... Must paint more... Must...

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:20 pm

Interesting that they also increased the cost of carriers, so they must feel that they made either tiny flyers or carriers better.
I also like the streamlined assault although it makes assaulting even more difficult than before.

Victory conditions are a nice addition.
Wyrd Henchman

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:49 pm

Cant get onto the site, has anyone else had this problem? My plan was to head down to Staples today and copy the new pages.
Not sure if it is their site or my computer that is having the issues.
Wyrd Henchman

London
Whiteshield

Postby London » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:57 pm

I can see the site just fine... is it the updates themselves you're having trouble with? try downloading the pages to your desktop or somewhere... apparently clicking the links to open them in your browser doesn't always work.
Take black the Knight. M
There are seven kinds of Darkness 7 - just like before.

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:03 am

Played a first game with these updates yesterday. Overall they are pretty sweet changes. The biggest thing that happened was a critical hit 'Magazine explosion' that took out 2 cruisers, 3 frigates, and inflicted a wound on a Squid. Oh yeah, there was also a dreadnought that ended up teleporting on top of another dreadnought, a carrier and a frigate due to a critical 12. These certainly made for some highly entertaining moments.

The new flyer rules were much easier, and they seemed to be nicely balanced. All and all I am pretty happy with the new changes.
Wyrd Henchman

Return to “Dystopian Wars”