Snow's TOMG

Snowflake
Whiteshield

Re: Snow's TOMG

Postby Snowflake » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:38 pm

I'll mess with it here and see if I can get a better picture with different lighting, as suggested.

Edit : Thanks for the suggestion MadMike, the pictures are much better now I think.

The pledge thread for June isn't up, but this month I want to get the rest of the 50 skeletons done (20 to go), plus at least 3 chariots (hopefully 6).

Snowflake
Whiteshield

Postby Snowflake » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:37 pm

So, it's looking like this month ended up being almost all modelling, nearly no painting. I experimented a bunch with the chariots and settled on a scheme I really like for them (improvements to the bone painting, etc), but didn't get any completely done.

I did construct/touch up/green stuff holes:

3 Sepulchral Stalkers
Warsphinx (Still needs some hole sealing, a couple of pieces leave gaps)
3 Necropolis Knights
40k Sisters Exorcist, which still needs work. Gotta say, despite how much I like the organ tank, this old kit is one of the worst fitting pieces ever. Having to really strain to get it to fit on the Rhino it came with, ugh.

I also located my Casket, so I don't need to spend $55 on a new one, yay. Gonna be sealing that up and trying to finish green stuff work on the Exorcist this month.

I also got a burst of inspiration regarding constructing a Heirotitan, so we'll have to see how that conversion ends up.

Snowflake
Whiteshield

Postby Snowflake » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:58 am

Long time, no post, mostly because I hadn't been painting, and I finally figured out why. I had been telling myself that it was because I had a lot to assemble, and assembly is boring, but that's not the case. I realized my problem was I was bored painting undead. To make them look realistic, I'm more or less confined to a narrow range of earthy colors, with only the minor armor bits and shields providing me opportunity for expression.

That bugs the crap out of me, I've come to realize.

Now, I suppose I could just start painting my TK army in rainbow colors, but that would look, well, ridiculous. So, I picked up some Bretonnian knights. Each of them will be painted with his own land's colors, so it gives me lots of opportunity for variation. Two are done so far, I'll get pictures up a little later today. Working on a third now.

Snowflake
Whiteshield

Postby Snowflake » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:54 pm

Ok, here we go, the first 3 Knights done, catching up on posting pics. I'm really loving doing each one in a different color scheme, it's really help keep it fresh, and I'm learning a lot more than I did when I was doing assembly-line style skeletons. Don't know what I'm going to do when I decide to paint Men at Arms or Peasant Bowmen, but that's a problem for a different day.

Anyway, pics below, in order that I completed them. I think my favorite is the Purple/White one, though that was by far the most frustrating one to paint. White sucks to work with, seriously.

Return to “TOMG 2011”