Abhorsen's ToMG log

Abhorsen
Veteran

Re: Abhorsen's ToMG log

Postby Abhorsen » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:21 pm

ok so internet has been spotty these last couple of days but i finally finished and managed to snap some pictures of the sentinel i pledged this month. and been busy with my new job, which is also why i have been absent on wednesdays.

took way longer than it should of but that seems to be a trend with this ig army ><. but w/e i had fun.

the rusted machine gun was a last minute additon as i felt the base was just a little to open under its feet. the cockpit is still wip but i am going to leave it as is for now.

Edit* lol cant even say c o c k p i t, but yes i am secretly working on a slanneesh chariot.

let me know what u guys think :).

Cheers all on another month!

whytwolf
Lord General

Postby whytwolf » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:19 am

Looks great Mike! My only comments are:

1. Paint the inside of the gun barrel tip black to give it a dark shadowed look. The rust makes it look like there is mud caked in it.
2. Weather the gun barrel tip with a dark grey or black to give he appearance of gun powder burns from shooting.

Otherwise, I love the rusting and the basing. The hull color is nicely subdues to make it look old and well used.
"It is the way of Fenris. We stay as long as we can. We fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more, do we move on."

Rogue
Whiteshield

Postby Rogue » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:10 am

despite knowing that you're making IG... its still strange to see IG coming from you. I'm glad you finally got that thing done, it looks pretty sweet. did you actually do the inside of it? the c*ckpit? lol since that's a bad word apparently.
the base on that is phenomenal... i think the rusty gun was a great addition!

miss you wednesdays. and can't wait to see more from ya!
Hive Fleet Gremlin falls on your head.

Abhorsen
Veteran

Postby Abhorsen » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:31 pm

so i dont quite remember all of what i said. but this is pretty much a repost cause the other one got lost.

for september i did a crap ton of painting and modeling to get ready for the 40k tourny. had a great time at the tourny and won best overall :). i am also very happy with the considerable addition of painted models to my ork army, and will maybe soon take a picture of all the orks i have painted, since i have not done so in awhile.

first up is my pledge, which was to paint a battle wagon i have been working on for quite some time. converted from a landraider and inspired by the forgeworld battle wagon design, i have spent far to long on the conversion so i am happy to finally see it painted up.

i also paint and converted a squad of burna boys, much more fun to paint than lootas, my favorite is still the one with the skull mounted on his shoulders.

and lastly i coverted up a mad dok grotsnik which i like, but he does not take good pictures at all so might be slightly confusing to look at lol.

he is pretty much vaulting over some rubble using his massive power klaw for momentum.

i also painted up some boyz acouple of gretchin and a couple nobs. here is a picture of the army i brought to the tournament.

this month i am working mostly on my IG, and i am pledging bette noir. had a minor set back on her since i did some airbrushing on her and realized the spray paint had added some grainyness to her. so have to restart on her.

anyway updates to come cheers all. happy painting.

Abhorsen
Veteran

Postby Abhorsen » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:32 am

Been awhile since i have updated so apologies for that, but what with the site going down, and than the power outage, and than getting crazily involve with the planning and making of terrain for 2 apoc games, i just have not really had the drive to work on this thread :(.

BUT

I am back now! looking back at these 2 months i have not done all that much painting, i have almost finished bette noir but i am not really happy with her.

I have been doing a lot of converting and terrain building i was working on my squiggoth and my lifta droppa, aswell as working on 3 new pieces of terrain for jens birthday apoc battle, which i am sure a lot of u have seen now at the store. the 2 new power stations and the barracks/prison camp made from electrical boxes. after that apoc game it was time to write up the scenerio for the clubs apoc game. By some stroke of inspiration i also began work on a Blasta bomba, which i was able to have somewhat ready in time for this past sundays mega battle.

i got in some children miniatures for my child psyker battle squad and did some sculpting of gas masks for them aswell, have some other miniatures lined up for that, and i am still really excited to get them finished.

i also picked up a viktorias crew, which i am looking forward to painting, i am thinking of a fairly bright desert theme for them. kinda like that assassin i painted awhile back. i think they might be part of my pledge for this month.

so that in short is what i have been up to >< pretty crazy couple of weeks but well worth it.

here is the blasta bomba WIP at the begining of the week

and how far i was able to get by sunday

and lotsa picks of bette

curious to see what u guys think of bette, my first real lighting affects, still have a lot to improve on, but i am glad she is finally donish.

Cheers all, cant believe its been almost a year since we started this.

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:06 am

Bete looks great. I love the conversion, and I really like the paint scheme you went with. It is a little tough to see the painted lighting effects on her, but that could just be the picture. Looking forward to seeing her in person.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

MadMike
Whiteshield

Postby MadMike » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:01 am

Love the gaping maw of guns on that bomba.

Nice bleeding eyes also!
Must paint more models... Must paint more... Must...

Rogue
Whiteshield

Postby Rogue » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:30 pm

gods that plane is gonna be sexy when its done. love watching all of the stages of work that you do on these things.... shows how much work is being put into it... :D

and i like bette noire. the colors are pretty rad.
Hive Fleet Gremlin falls on your head.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:39 pm

I love that plane! It reminds me what a slacker I've been in the conversions lately.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Return to “TOMG 2011”