Abhorsen's ToMG log

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Re: Abhorsen's ToMG log

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:00 am

They look like CD spindles. Awesome idea.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:41 pm

They are CD spindles ;)
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Abhorsen
Veteran

Postby Abhorsen » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:41 pm

yes indeedy,

the ladders i creatively smashed some bitz from the power plant kit together with so P card, omg i love that kit!

i was also able to epoxy most of the bitz on some, so they should be pretty sturdy pieces of terrain :).

Abhorsen
Veteran

Postby Abhorsen » Fri May 06, 2011 9:02 am

so not much painting getting done but lots of modeling.

i have been working on my sculpting skills and on my mordheim orcs. i have tried my hand for the first time sculpting from scratch still need tons of practice and better tools but the armatures i made came out fairly well. i also tried using a both super sculpy firm and green stuff. i like the firm quite a bit. i started these in preparation for sculpting a psykker battle squad as i have not been able to find any models even worth converting.

this guy did have a wire armature and was the first one i did just messing about.

thes 2 came next and were test of wire armatures, turn out kinda zombiesh or nurgly

and this guy was a challenge to see if i could capture the pose i wanted, he has turned out well tho a little tall. he will soon have a gas mask and hand of course.

i also did some fun little conversions for my orcs.

first up is a crossbow, which came out better than i expected

and than this goblin who is i guess doing a diving charge
i have about 13 models done for them so far 5 goblins, 5 orcs and some heros more to come on them soon.

anyway jusst wanted to do a brief update. cheers all :)

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Fri May 06, 2011 10:36 am

I LOVE that crossbow!

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Abhorsen
Veteran

Postby Abhorsen » Fri May 20, 2011 12:35 pm

Hey all, so its been a crazy month with lots of final project getting finished and little time for modeling, well kinda.

I have pretty much finished my leman russ, just needs some details like fuel cans and stuff like that. but today i would like to share some of my art that i have been doing. first up is the casting project i showed in WIP a while back its been done for awhile now but have been lazy about getting some pics up. This was a really good learning experience and i am quite happy with the results i got. They are what i have deemed teapot tanks, the first one i made back in highschool for cermamics class and it was much more of a teapot, it have a handle. these i wanted to be more of a embodiment of industrial war from early tanks in WWI to modern day drones. anyway here are some pics :).

Up next is a more recent project i did. I have to thank Mike T. for the resourses he was able to provide me with on this one. This project is a 1/50th scale mass grave diorama. I wanted to use models and modeling techniques because as a medium they are usually used to Idolize or worship war and the machines of war. Where as here i am depicting the effects of war. anyway pics.

And lastly a small update on my IG, i have been struggling with how to do Heavy weapons teams, as i feel most of the IG heavy weapons are far to large to be carried and fired from a tripod even by the oversized standards of guns 40k has. so first i tried wheels and i like that. I feel wheels are a little old school for a fully mechanized steel legion tho, soooo i came up with this a Mobile Weapons Platform. anyway let me know what u guys think.

I have also been noticing a general lag in posts for Tale of many, so keep it up guys stay motivated and keep on happy painting!!!

more to come soon in terms of fluff for my mordheim band and i might even start doing drawings of the epic moments during fights to post with the fluff.

cheers all :).

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Fri May 20, 2011 1:10 pm

Wow that stuff looks great Mike! I really like the destroyed Teapot leaking fluids everywhere, nice work!

ADB

Abhorsen
Veteran

Postby Abhorsen » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:16 am

ok soo freaking bananas ><.

i have just been in a painting slump, but on the other hand i have been in a modeling/sculpting craze. i have also been in a pic taking slump but finally some pictures have been taken, and uploaded.

first up we have my may pledge which has been done since like the middle of the month cept for some mud affects which i did recently and still need a little more work done of them.

was real fun to convert and paint this guy. there are some things i would like to change on the next one. i think i will try and get an airbrush for the next few aswell just to see the difference, and see if i cant bring some shading into the base coat.

Next i have been mad for mordheim lately, and i have also been mad for sculpting as well, so result is an overly time consuming orc warband. i think every member has something or other sculpted on. these are my most recent additions/modifactions.

First we have my boss, da Skull taka who after a battle found himself a boar to ride hooty hoo!

and the on foot version of him.

and the one i am most proud of is Da Hunta. around the same time my boss found his boar my Hunta walked into some poor helpless humans shop and saw the biggest gun he had ever seen, he of course had to have it, and taking it off the wall, he grunted and through a handful of bloodied teef at the helpless shop keeper. it was of course a blunderbusss!!!! which unfortunately i still have not gotten the skill to use and he has leveled up twice since!

the bear cloak was a first in terms of quality for me, as was the blunderbuss. by the end i am hoping he will have a blunderbuss a crossbow, and a brace of dueling pistols.

in the spirit of mordheim i have also been working on terrain, this is a more long term goal, to make a mordheim/malifaux/warmahordes table, with all different levels of foundations and buildings and the like.

this will be in the end a rather large windmill and hopefully one of the nicest pieces of terrain i have made to date.

i have found the perfect material for cobblestones (linoleum with this perect cobble stone looking texture on it) and i think i am going to do one of the 4x4s down stairs in it than make some modular foundations to make the board really have some dimensionality.

soooooo yeah, it seems like this was a slow month for a lot of people which is fine due to the fact that we got a crap ton of painting done during the winter and i know i am pretty burnt out, so maybe some of you guys are too. But keep it up yall dont let your plastic dudemens down!

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:42 am

Mike this stuff looks great! You are really flexing those skills, and mine are in atrophy. I need to take pics of my May terrain I lazily painted. But keep a look out for me this month, I have a project I've been working on that has been in the back of my mind for quite a while and goes back to the roots ;)

ADB

Abhorsen
Veteran

Postby Abhorsen » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:19 pm

thanks dez :).

Ok been far to long since i posted an update. may was a pretty much no paint month for me, just was not up to it. but June is turning out to be quite motivating :).

I recently started painting my Nicodem and some necropunks to add to my slowly growing ressers.

Slow start on nicodem, cause just as i started to paint him i decided i could not stand the arm that he comes standard with, so a little green stuff and bitz later i came up with the arm u see there. The hand is my only worry as it is large than the one on the cane but i am curious to hear what u guys have to say about it.

Next up is my first real commission :). Its nekima, and OMFG is this model annoying to put together. She is an extremely nicely sculpted model, with tons of detail but i dont think i would ever want to play with her. there are so many places that i know paint will chip off from even with varnish on. and the one leg holding her up bends really easily and i am really worried it might break. If anyone has any suggestions or experience making this model stronger i would love to hear it. i have already pinned most everything on her, but i know her horns are going to problems aswell.

anyway pics,

i have mostly been working on getting her skin right, and trying to make her the most blended and smoothest paint job i have done. would be glad to hear feedback on her, and suggestions for her sword color.

Return to “TOMG 2011”