Abhorsen's ToMG log

whytwolf
Lord General

Re: Abhorsen's ToMG log

Postby whytwolf » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:01 pm

Yeah man, now that's what I'm talking about. Looks great!
"It is the way of Fenris. We stay as long as we can. We fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more, do we move on."

Abhorsen
Veteran

Postby Abhorsen » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:32 am

mk so working away here. getting ready for the apoc game next week but also doing work on my IG and malifaux.

i finished the chimera and am close to finishing a ten man squad of IG just some base stuff left to do. will post pics tomorrow when the light is better i hope.

i have started my first leman russ conversion nothing to special mostly just stealing from forge world but i like how it is coming out so far.

i tried to make some air intakes and stuff like that let me know what u guys think.

i have also just finished up some work on the death missile of doomed doom and am close to getting it ready for painting.

cheers all happy painting :).

Lakomasoi
Whiteshield

Postby Lakomasoi » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:16 am

that Rocket is BA Also nice job on he tank are you going to add treds? or did you have a different Idea there? Can't wiat to see these painted up

Abhorsen
Veteran

Postby Abhorsen » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:02 pm

thanks fitz! i am adding tracks and some more little details here and there.

a little fluff...

eyes fixed on the man sitting across from him he listened to the grinding treads just behind his head. the constant noise was almost hypnotizing and made him begin to close his eyes, who knows how long it had been since he had gotten even an hour of sleep. just as quickly as his eyes shut they shot open, his training kicking in. the echoing ring of the drill sergeant screaming in his face "wake up maggot!".

although hard to hear over the sounds of the engine and the treads he could make out the screams of battle in front and behind, and he new they were getting close. bullets began to plink off of the thick armor causing the interior to ring with high pitched noise. the men around him began to stiffen and become aware. as veterans most of them ran on instinct by this point, reactions so quick a thought could not of even had a chance to begin. he looked down at his rifle cleaned and ready, and at his boot worn but still intact the mud caked on in thick layers, cleaning them was pointless.

the grinding of the treads came to a stop and the sounds of the bullets became louder. the sergeants voice rose above all the noise as he began to count. just outside he could here the hot noise of the bursts fire and the noise of raining shells on the roof above them coming from the turret above them. then the woosh of the flame thrower mounted to the hull. than a sudden warmth in the chamber. than the sergeant reached one. and the door lowered.

and so my first of hopefully many chimeras is done

let me know what u guys think had lots of fun painting this little guy one of my better weathering jobs i think.

ok well cheers all :)

Abhorsen
Veteran

Postby Abhorsen » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:40 pm

mmk so the rokkit is complete!!! its only been a year since i made it ><.

and the little grot probably yelling about something that just went wrong!

and this grot is blaming that grot but they might just both get a thumping!

had some fun with this and hope it will look good at the mega battle :0.

i have also gotten the mordheim fever and started work on my orc warband again, i was up way to late last night making this guy, i am fairly happy with him except for how the ropes came out and i think he needs a hat.

so since this mordheim campaign has no fluff i thought it would a good idea for all the tale of many gamers to track their warbands progress here and write up some fluff for battles and stuff? maybe we can get extra points or something give some incentive to play in the campaign aswell. anyway just a thought but let me know what u think J.

anyway let me know what u guys think :).

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:00 pm

Mike I've somehow slacked on this thread, but everything looks great! I like the weathering on the Chimera, and the Russ is looking good too. I like what you did with the engine especially.

The Rokkit, meh. It could be the best rokkit ever if it was painted Yellow 8P

I'm hoping that a dedicated sub forums for the Mordheim campaign will be opened, but that may be tough due to the finicky nature of the database. I don't think J is going to have much time in the near future to rework any of that either. We will see!

I agree, he needs a hat. The way your greenstuff is improving, why not try a broken skull?

Great work, I always look forward to more!
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:53 pm

Well, the minatures will definitely count toward the ToMG, as well as any background written for it. Since the Mordheim campaign is only a month, I don't necessarily see the need for a whole new forum, when we have this here.

Everything is looking good Mike. It boogles my mind how much stuff you get done in a month while still juggling everything else.

~J

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:45 pm

Your modeling never ceases to amaze me. Great work Mike.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Abhorsen
Veteran

Postby Abhorsen » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:37 am

thanks guys, i have been having maybe to much fun with models lately :9

mmk so what the hell it has been a couple of crazy days in terms of modeling

first up my steel legion vet squad that has been finished awhile now just needs to be sealed and get some grass tufts on the bases.

and here are the 3 fuel depots i made and painted today, i will do more detail work later on them but they are pretty much done for the apoc game.

and finally i have been working on my lifta droppa some to get it atleast presentable for the apoc game tomorrow.

i am really liking the wires, and i plan to add more wires coming up from the hull of the tank to the rear of the gun.

so yeah, cheers all and happy painting, comments welcome of course :)

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:42 am

Very very nice.

For the fuel tanks, I recognize the pre-packaged wargame stuff was the ladder and the pipes, what did you use to make the cylinders?

~J

Return to “TOMG 2011”