ToMG PLog by Dez

Dez
Storm Trooper

Re: ToMG PLog by Dez

Postby Dez » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:42 pm

It's a beat up blueish-grey, I was hoping to keep it kinda ambiguous. Seeing as I spent a whole 20 seconds on it ;)
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:26 pm

I finished my 10 Thousand Sons to be painted this month a few days ago, but have been too busy to take pictures. Here they are!

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

pious1313
Whiteshield

Postby pious1313 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:46 am

These look great! I love the paint scheme and the conversions really set them apart from vanilla marines.
"Say what you like, I will not fight alongside these madmen. The past proves nothing, except the Blood Angels are cursed and but a single step from damnation."

Brother Captin Yuron of the Adeptus Astartes Patriarchs of Ulixis

I'm Bryan and I'm not pious.

thade
Veteran

Postby thade » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:40 am

Dez, your marines look as awesome as I imagined they would be. I'm really happy you decided to stick with the pre-Heresy 1K Sons idea; you've certainly stepped up to the task.
Thade = Steve

While the enemies of the Emperor still draw breath, I have some faces that I need to crack open. @_@

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:50 am

Thanks guys! I'm really close to being done with them. All of my infantry are now painted, I have a few Sorcerers to finish up still which I'll hopefully get done in August.

This month is also going to be Death Guard Color Scheme tests, so I can finally make some progress towards that getting done too. I think focusing on a different army each month changes things up enough to keep me motivated. I've found myself modeling and painting even though I have a few new video games to play.

ADB

thade
Veteran

Postby thade » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:54 am

Dez wrote:I think focusing on a different army each month changes things up enough to keep me motivated. I've found myself modeling and painting even though I have a few new video games to play.

I'm having a very similar experience myself now. Running several concurrent projects is keeping me interested and motivated; video games are taking a back seat, but I think that's better for my brain. ;)
Thade = Steve

While the enemies of the Emperor still draw breath, I have some faces that I need to crack open. @_@

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:10 pm

Hi.

ADB

Return to “TOMG 2011”