ToMG PLog by Dez

Dez
Storm Trooper

Re: ToMG PLog by Dez

Postby Dez » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:16 pm

Halfway through! I of course have details planned, but the basics are looking good. I wanted to make sure I did some regular rank and file first, it's been a while since i have used the All Wash paint style.

What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Lakomasoi
Whiteshield

Postby Lakomasoi » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:26 pm

Im really liking the fur done on the models but the blues seems to have heavily pooled in some areas and not others. It looks good none the less but I feel it might have taken away from the model.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:08 pm

Yeah there are heavily pooled parts, but these were mainly practice. I'll fix em ;)

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Tue May 10, 2011 10:32 am

So I really would like to build some MORE terrain this month, and went to unearth some. Unfortunately it appears the contractors buried it even more, so I settled on starting to paint some stuff I already had. This will also give me an excuse to use the airbrush I bought...years ago, and try out the paint box I just built. I'll take a pic of the box later, I just realized I forgot. I also have some waaaaaay overdue Killa Kanz and a Deffdread to finish, which I found and set aside recently.

So last night when I finished work at 10:30 PM, I went ahead and started on some metals for the terrain. The Kanz I had already donethe rust and metal effects, now I need to get some details done.

So there, I got some progress done! Now I'm off to the hobby shop to buy a pipe cutter ;)

ADB

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Fri May 27, 2011 9:41 am

I've got another night or two of painting these up and I'm done with them all. I'm also going to try and finish up 3 Kanz and a Deffdread.

I have a problem concentrating it seems, and get tons of fun army ideas as well as over the top conversions... and lately it just hasn't been cohesive to a single army. I've been spreading myself out, and starting all these different projects and none of them get done. So for 40K, my concentration is going back to Orks.

For June, I'm going to really push myself aka not sleep. I've had an idea for this particular army for a long time. So for May, I'm going to complete about 500-600 points. Per my usual, even though I can paint I'm going to concentrate more on making the conversions (they are going to require quite a bit of work) and speed paint them. I'm thinking about doing a different approach, build a model in a night, and then the next night paint it. Usually I just build like crazy and assembly line paint, but i run out of steam a bit that way.

ADB

MadMike
Whiteshield

Postby MadMike » Fri May 27, 2011 5:17 pm

I think that is a good plan. :) I find that painting a big group/large monster, you go through a reverse bell curve of enthusiasm. You start totally jazzed, then in the middle you just want to slough off, and then at the end you know your close and they are starting to look great to so you get motivated again. Keeping the projects small will close that middle gap somewhat.
Must paint more models... Must paint more... Must...

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:56 am

Alright, I've actually made some progress! In the second series of photos (the last 3) I have greenstuffed a strap on his shield arm and rebuilt his choppa into a rippa chainsword.

I present to you Voodoo Ben of Da Bloody Knuckle Boyz!

He will be primered tomorrow.

ADB

Dez
Storm Trooper

Re: ToMG PLog by Dez Army Shot

Postby Dez » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:31 pm

Just for fun, I took out the ol' iPhone and took a picture of every Ork model I have that is at least 95% built. I have a long way to go on painting. So, show off your armies so far!

Da Lernin

Da Krumpin

It kinda made me sad when I took a look at what I have, and how much I've traded off. I coulda filled another table or more easily. The nice part is, I have tons more stuff to build and half finished projects to finish!

ADB

thade
Veteran

Postby thade » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:12 pm

This just blew my mind. That is a LOT of plastic.
Thade = Steve

While the enemies of the Emperor still draw breath, I have some faces that I need to crack open. @_@

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:29 pm

Damn Dez, you didnt leave me any room to deploy?!
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Return to “TOMG 2011”