A Tale of Many Gamers- 2011 New Edition!

Dez
Storm Trooper

A Tale of Many Gamers- 2011 New Edition!

Postby Dez » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:36 am

A Tale of Many Gamers is designed to help Generals complete their armies. To join, just create a thread for your project log here in the A Tale of Many Gamers forums. It is highly encouraged that you look at others threads to provide feedback and encouragement, and they can come in and help motivate as well as critique your work.

For each month, you first need to pledge the model or unit you will paint in the Pledge Thread. It will have to at least meet the minimum requirements for their rules entry, and it won't count if you don't meet your stated goal. For example you will not get credit if you Pledge 30 Ork Boys and only complete 10, meeting the minimum requirement. You will track your creative process on the miniature(s) by writing about your progress and taking pictures in your Project Log thread. You can also write fluff and battle reports. All of this, as well as painting extra units, add up to gaining points based on the following scale:

+1 Voted Best Unit/Model
+1 Painting Pledge Completed
+1 Game Played With Pledge Unit/Model
+1 Paint a Bonus Unit/Model
+1 Add to Army's Fluff/Background
-1 Painting Pledge Failed
-1 Game Not Played, or Played Without Pledge Unit/Model

If you make a pledge and complete it, you get a 10% off coupon to use on a purchase for the following month. This can be combined with your member discount (for a total of 25%), but non-members only get the 10%. You must use this coupon on your pledge.

At the end of each month, a thread will be created with everyone’s finished models. Voting will happen for a week, and the winner will receive 1 extra point. You can only win once every 3 months.

At the end of the year, the person with the most points will win a Battleforce of their choice. In the case of a tie, we will have a vote. Everyone who participates will get Raffle Tickets they can use at the Holiday Party at the end of the year.

If you have any questions, please post them here. Good luck!
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Lakomasoi
Whiteshield

Re: A Tale of Many Gamers- 2011 New Edition!

Postby Lakomasoi » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:25 am

Can i make more than one pledge a month? Say i make a pledge and finish it, halfway through the month can i make another one?

Also the models im painting must they be coherent every month to a specific army, or may i do my skaven one month and another army the next so on and so forth. Maybe two armies in one month?

(also i love this idea, i think it is a great way to really push people to paint models and hopefully finish armies kudos to whoever thought it up)

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:12 am

You make an original pledge, then each unit after that counts as well. For instance, you could pledge a Screaming Bell. If you finish it in a week, you could then proclaim you will be painting a unit of 20 Clan Rats. If you finish the Clan Rats as well, it adds +1 to your total.

You can mix and match armies and systems. For instance, I'm pledging a Nurgle Sorcerer. I can also finish a unit of Scattergunners for Hordes, a Chaos Lord on Dragon and Somer Teeth Jones Battle Box for Malifaux for a total of 4 points.

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

whytwolf
Lord General

Postby whytwolf » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:19 pm

I we are working on different armies/systems should we make a separate log thread for each, or one all encompassing log?
"It is the way of Fenris. We stay as long as we can. We fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more, do we move on."

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:43 pm

One log, but you can edit the title for what you are working on that month if you like.

ADB

Abhorsen
Veteran

Postby Abhorsen » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:18 pm

u say u must use this coupon on your pledge? does that mean if i pledge orks i can only use it on orks, or does it mean if i pledge stormboyz i can only use it to buy more stormboyz? or if i pledge orks and complete them than pledge skaven and complete them do i get to choose which i get a coupon for?

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Postby Kinne » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:42 pm

Basically this is the way it works:

-- In January, you pledge to paint a unit of thirty Clanrats and complete your pledge.
-- For February, you decide you want a new unit of Stormvermin. So you use your coupon when you go to buy the Stormvermin.

In that scenario you must pledge to paint the unit of Stormvermin in February. You cannot use the coupon to buy the Stormvermin, then decide to pledge a unit of Stormboyz instead. That's the big condition.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:00 am

To answer your question, yes Mike. If you pledge 30 Clan Rats, you could then pledge 10 Storm Boyz the next month, and use the 10% off coupon on those.

Allows you to bounce around, enjoy painting whatever you want.

~J

Lakomasoi
Whiteshield

Postby Lakomasoi » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:11 am

When can i begin painting must i wait until January this time or may i start early only this month

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Postby Kinne » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:24 am

Technically, you should wait until January. But as it's December 31st, if you start right now, that's okay. However, you won't be able to use the coupon until the first of the month (which obviously doesn't matter this month, as no on has them), and we do ask (on the honor system) that you wait until the first of the month to start your next pledge.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Return to “TOMG 2011”