Malifaux March Madness round 2

For all events advertised by, but not run through, The 131
Solicitor 6
Whiteshield

Re: Malifaux March Madness round 2

Postby Solicitor 6 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:22 pm

It's a date.
The best way to figure out where you come from, is to figure out where you're going and work your way backwards. -The Doctor

WildBorr
Veteran

Postby WildBorr » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:35 pm

Store is closed tomorrow for April Fools Day, gonna have to reschedule

Ynysley
Whiteshield

Postby Ynysley » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:50 pm

WildBorr wrote:Store is closed tomorrow for April Fools Day, gonna have to reschedule

Can do Tues/Wed/Thurs easy, Ive got tournaments next Sat/Sun, but I could ay after the Sat one at OTW.

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:55 am

pupilot wrote:
Inquisitor Wall wrote:This weekend wont work for me. Maybe an evening other than Thursday next week.

Can you do Wed?

I unfortunately just found out my son has a Dr appointment on Wednesday so wont be able to make it. I should be able to make it next week if that works for you.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

pupilot
Whiteshield

Postby pupilot » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:37 pm

Inquisitor Wall wrote:
pupilot wrote:
Inquisitor Wall wrote:This weekend wont work for me. Maybe an evening other than Thursday next week.

Can you do Wed?

I unfortunately just found out my son has a Dr appointment on Wednesday so wont be able to make it. I should be able to make it next week if that works for you.

I’m good with next week.

Solicitor 6
Whiteshield

Postby Solicitor 6 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:50 pm

Corwin and Kevin,

Would it be possible to get our Lucius v Cooper game in next Wednesday? I am going out town on Thursday and some stuff has come up that I need to take care of tomorrow night before I leave.
The best way to figure out where you come from, is to figure out where you're going and work your way backwards. -The Doctor

Corwin
Veteran

Postby Corwin » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:43 pm

I'm fine with that
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with BS. If that doesn't work, riddle them with bullets.

WildBorr
Veteran

Postby WildBorr » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:51 pm

Dufresne decided it was prudent to nuke some puppets, that for some reason, are susceptible to poison and can be made undead for reasons. Won over Collodi by a score of 6-2.

Solicitor 6
Whiteshield

Postby Solicitor 6 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:14 pm

Vik's displeasure with her sister was growing exponentially with every roll of the wheel of the supply wagon. They were hired to guard the cart and take it as far into the mountains as they could. Vik was promised an endless stream of Arcanist agents, rival mercenaries, Nephilim, and possibly a wave of undead.

After several days of nothing, she was hoping for a confused gremlin on a runaway pig.

When the temperature started to drop suddenly and her skin began to prickle with goose flesh, Vik's mood lightened. When the giant rabbit leapt into her field of vision, she was absolutely giddy.

A low crouch followed by a war whoop sent Vik like a shot at the bunny, who smiled at the oncoming woman with an almost hungry look. The expression turned to confusion as the Matsumanes slid through it like a hot knife through butter. Vik soon was working on collecting what had to be the luckiest charm she had ever seen (based on size).

Elsewhere, the strange little Void Wretch that had attached itself to the sisters was flanking their opponents, taking a woman and monster in the midst of a swirl of snow and wind out of existence. Bike Jake and a Ronin were keeping the cart moving as Vik, Vanessa, and a Woku Raider that had formed a connection with the sisters advanced on the ambush.

"Sister! Focus!" Vik called to Vik. The aggressor sighed, leaving her rabbit's foot behind and moved into position as all four sisters converged on a walking glacier. Once again, the Matsumanes tore through their targets with nary a concern. None of the sisters appeared to feel the shard of ices that resulted from falling the giant.

When the ice flakes cleared, the beast and woman were standing where the Ice Golem had been surrounded by the Sisters. Vik just shrugged and they all went for their instinctual swarming.

Then something weird happened. They all froze after Vik's first strike. Vik tried to rally for the swarming again, but there was nothing after her first strike. Suddenly, the Arcanist wild card Rasputina could be seen out of the corner of the eye.

The sisters did their best with the woman and beast in their midst, but one by one they fell as each strike was a herculean effort. Eventually the monster and woman exploded, removing the Sisters from the field.

Rasputina and her loyal Silent One wandered up to the cart, its entire security force gone. She pulled open the first chest and just found a note.

"Better luck next time, honey"

The cart exploded as an avalanche emanated from it.

Viks 5
Rasputina 2

Snow Storm with Sub-Zero turned out to be an effective counter to the Sisters as it was able to cancel the swarming Dragon attacks of the Viks after only one hit/attack since the defensive trigger ends an "activation." Despite being tabled, those famous scheme runners, the Viks were able to secure a victory.

pupilot
Whiteshield

Postby pupilot » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:22 pm

Confirming John’s report.

I tried to pull out a win, especially after killing the last ronin at the end of turn 4. But alas, the Vic’s got their cart moved quicker than I could kill them.

Return to “Non-Club Events”