Malifaux Tournament 2/17/18 Off the Wall Games

For all events advertised by, but not run through, The 131
Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Malifaux Tournament 2/17/18 Off the Wall Games

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:41 pm

I will be running a tournament on Saturday February 17th, 2018 at Off the Wall Games in Hadley (41 Russell St. Rt9.). The tournament will be 3 rounds of 50 soulstones with fixed faction. The tournament will follow the 2018 Gaining Grounds for scoring, deployment and strategies. Schemes other than the paired always scheme will be included on score sheets the day of the event. Round times will be two (2) hours with 15 minutes for crew selection and set up.

Crews do not need to be painted but must be fully assembled.

Best painted crews will be voted by players and organizer between round 1&2. There will be a separate prize for best painted crew. Crew must be 50SS and be legal to field by their owner during the tournament.

Round 1 starts at 11:00. Lunch between round 1 and 2.

Preregistration is $10.00. Registration is $12.00 day of the event. Prizes will be awarded in store credit and a 16 player tournament kit for 1st, 2nd, and best painted. If there are more than 10 players, a prize will be added for 3rd place. 2 prizes will be randomly awarded to players who have completed all three rounds.

Preregistration can be made through PayPal Wallk583@gmail.com. Please include payment, player name and faction when preregistering.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me here or through WallK583@gmail.com

Preregistered:
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Re: Malifaux Tournament 2/17/18 Off the Wall Games

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:35 pm

Thank you to everyone who came out for the tournament yesterday. Also, thank you to my three oponents for three great games.

I am curious about prize support for events going forward. Yesterday was my last official prize kit. I can work to order more, but if players would be more interested in prizes other than mystery boxes, I can order specific limited edition models, put all of the entrance fees into store credit, or get trophies or plaques. The biggest downside to not ordering prize kits would mean I wouldnt have the special edition stat cards or the guilders. Granted this could all be a mute point if Wyrd makes changes to their prize kits anyway (they have been difficult to get recently).

Let me know what you would like to do, and I can work to make it happen. Again thanks to everyone that came out yesterday.
Wyrd Henchman

WildBorr
Veteran

Postby WildBorr » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:12 pm

I'm torn. The guilders and LE cards are a must, as they seem to be the biggest reason to try to win. The mystery boxes, however, are mostly worthless at this point. I wish they offered a kit without the mystery boxes, and just guilders and a card. Something we can surely do in the future is the club can kick in more cash for store credit, and give a small amount of credit with the mystery boxes, maybe? Or maybe the club can pay for the kit and that way all of the entry fees can go towards store credit? I dunno, I'm just spitballing here. I don't want to see the kits go because I want to keep getting guilders and LE cards.

Corwin
Veteran

Postby Corwin » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:17 pm

I don't mind the mystery boxes i have had good luck with most ones I have received. I love the cards and the builder though.
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with BS. If that doesn't work, riddle them with bullets.

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:17 pm

Some times the mystery kits are great. The first few I won were all useful. Which is a great prize and very rewarding.
But some later ones were for models I wasn't interested in, and I traded them for other things. So it's a mix.
I hope some day Wyrd updates the mysteries a bit. Such as making them divided by faction, or making some type of rebate like guilders. So we could choose something related to factions we play. Or just make a dedicated trading mystery box tool. Actually, I bet there's a forum for that somewhere.

How much do they cost again? I suppose that matters.
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:54 am

So the purchasing price for the kits that come with cards, guilders and mystery boxes are 125.00+about 15.00 shipping. I get them as a henchman for having had previous people attend events, so as long as psrticipation in events is high enough I don't have to pay cash for them, just the shipping. It also means that I do not receive compensation for running events, which is fine, as I simply enjoy running the events. I can use the 'credit' to get other limited edition prizes, which was why I was curious what people wanted to see for prizes.
Wyrd Henchman

Return to “Non-Club Events”