Malifaux Grow League session 2 (1/24-2/7)

For all events advertised by, but not run through, The 131
cidewithme
Whiteshield

Re: Malifaux Grow League session 2 (1/24-2/7)

Postby cidewithme » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:07 pm

John, do you have time on Tuesday? I am free all day.
'This is the age of total digitalisation; everything is online always.'
'Uh huh, and that's why our politicians are pure and clean, and the world works so well, is it? Because everybody knows everything and there's no hiding place.
Peter F. Hamilton

Solicitor 6
Whiteshield

Postby Solicitor 6 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:17 pm

Jason,

Tuesday works. I should be there around 3:30-3:45 after work.
The best way to figure out where you come from, is to figure out where you're going and work your way backwards. -The Doctor

Ynysley
Whiteshield

Postby Ynysley » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:24 pm

Looking for a challenge game on Tuesday after 5pm. Anyone game?

Corwin
Veteran

Postby Corwin » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:05 pm

Lady J was strolling through the quarantine Zone with her crew when she hears a buzzing noise followed by a small bang. Turning to look the rest of the crew sees a small cloud of smoke rising from a heap of metal and wires. Then the parts seem to pull themself together and spider like robots crawl out oh the heap.
"Ramos..." Lady J states drawing her sword. The Judge and Ryle fall in behind her with the appointed guild astaustringer off to the flank. The pathfinder scouting ahead noticing a Coryphee and the infamous Killjoy gets himself in a defensible position setting a trap.
As the smoke begins to dissipate Howard Langston charges right at Lady J. After 5 ss and a black joker on damage Lady J still stood. Howard weathered a lot of punishment in return but falls to the beating.
The pathfinder sets another trap and takes s shot at the coryphee missing. In return she charges the traps hurting one but not killing it. Killjoy ambles forward.

That's how the rest of the game went Lady J, The Judge, Ryle, and the astaustringer fighting Ramos and his spiders. Killjoy going no where fast but pressing forward to reveal bodyguard. Coryphee trying to survive, lasting untill turn 5 when I had a 13 of masks for the ignore armor shot to put it down. One turn Lady J failed to hit a spider with 3 swings. Game ended with a tie 5-5

Josh I'll play ya Tuesday around 6.
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with BS. If that doesn't work, riddle them with bullets.

Ynysley
Whiteshield

Postby Ynysley » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:43 am

Sweet Corwin, see you then.

cidewithme
Whiteshield

Postby cidewithme » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:47 pm

John, I'll see you Tuesday after 3:30.
'This is the age of total digitalisation; everything is online always.'
'Uh huh, and that's why our politicians are pure and clean, and the world works so well, is it? Because everybody knows everything and there's no hiding place.
Peter F. Hamilton

bmac
Recruit

Postby bmac » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:44 am

I have time for a challenge game Thursday around 6 if anyone is around.

Ynysley
Whiteshield

Postby Ynysley » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:12 pm

Charles Hoffman frowned as he stood over the prone form of Lady Justice. "Wait... why were we even fighting? And why did that bear trap have so much classified Guild intelligence? And how did we manage to question an inanimate object?" He shook his head and turned his mechanical harness to walk away, leaving his constructs to carry Justice to the nearest hospital.

Hoffman (Josh) takes the challenge game against Lady Justice (Corwin) 6 to 4.

Solicitor 6
Whiteshield

Postby Solicitor 6 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:25 pm

After setting up their new headquarters, the VIks thought things were under way to getting things back to normal. Unfortunately, the Ten Thunders had plans of continuing to use the disarray in the Quarantine Zone for their own purpose.

Taelor's instincts started itching as she felt tears in the ether and went charging headlong across the courtyard of the new base. While she came across an Obsidian Oni, it was not what she felt. Her hairs kept bristling. Things were pouring into the area from out of nowhere, but they were just outside her view. It drove her nuts.

The Viks recent hire of a convict gunslinger took up position and while he was able to blast the monkey-looking demon with the sickle, it took him out as well. Vanessa and the Viks made their way forward, ripping apart everything that came at them. Unfortunately, the source of this onslaught of demons, a tortured looking young Three Kingdom's girl, was just out of their reach.

As the Sisters and Taelor pressed in to try to pin down the girl, Sensai Yu and two Ten Thunder's Brothers took the distraction to try to find what secrets and equipment of use the famous mercenaries had at their disposal. As one Brother snuck his way across Vik of Ashes' office, a ball of kinetic fury with red hair and a sword dropped down on him. While she landed not a blow, he found he could not rid himself of the miserable girl.

Back across the courtyard, Ashes thought things were well enough in hand, despite Taelor being taken out by a human spider and Blood similarly falling. She was just ready to call things good when one more wave of beasts emerged from the ether, leaving the Viks once more without a home.

Asami (Jason) 8
Viks (John) 1

This game had the widest swing of VP I have every encountered. At the end of Turn 5, Jason was leading 7-6. We both revealed Entourage (Yu for him, Ashes for me), and Breakthrough at the beginning. He scored 6 points off the schemes and 1 off the strategy. I had 5 points off the schemes and 1 off the strat. Then we flipped to continue for Turn 6.

Vik of Ashes had one wound left and was next to Asami and a Jurogumo with only Vanessa in reach. While winning initiative, there was no good choice for activation (use Vanessa to heal Ashes or try to take out Asami). In the end, Ashes tried to do what she did best, but having a fresh hand, Asami shook off all attacks and dropped Ashes, denying all points to Entourage. Vanessa was engaged and unable to walk away. A summoned Tengu then took out the lone scheme marker left, denying Breakthrough as well.
The best way to figure out where you come from, is to figure out where you're going and work your way backwards. -The Doctor

Ynysley
Whiteshield

Postby Ynysley » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:13 pm

Two questions:
1) When is Round 3 starting? Did it already?

2) Are we able to adjust our crews for round 3, or did I imagine that? I swear I read about it but all I can find is the option to switch masters... I want to drop some 'dead' models from my list now that I've had some play time with Hoff.

Return to “Non-Club Events”