Pax Unplugged

For all events advertised by, but not run through, The 131
Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Pax Unplugged

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:16 pm

In November of 2017, the same group that organizes the Pax events is holding a Pax Unplugged in November of 2017. The Pax events have tried to include some nonvideo gaming events but they have always been over shadowed by all of the video gaming that is going on. I am really curious about this, and will certainly be planning on attending. I would love to see something large after the major summer cons. Captaincon is nice, especially from a tournament playing viewpoint, but it does not offer the level that templecon had been.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Re: Pax Unplugged

Postby Commander_Jay » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:19 pm

This could be really really cool. The PAX events have always been great for gaming of all kinds, and they get too crowded, so it will be a great opportunity for "unplugged" games to have their own event. I think at PAX East in Boston there were about 100,000 people, and a decent portion spent time in the unplugged area. Maybe 20% of the total? Even if it's far less than that, it would still make an unplugged PAX a huge event. Definitely one of the biggest in the Northeast.

Details here:
Where: Philadelphia, PA at the Pennsylvania Convention Center

When: November 17th - 19th

http://unplugged.paxsite.com/
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:05 pm

Huh, it would be fun to go to Phile and hang out. I like PAX East the one time I was able to get a pass and play in a tournament :)
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

cidewithme
Whiteshield

Postby cidewithme » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:15 pm

I'm in so long as they have Malifaux. Philadelphia is my stomping ground also; so I'd be happy to take folks to some cool spots or arrange places to crash, though my peeps are mostly in south and west Philly, small hikes but with trapeze and aerial silks at the end. We've got China town right next to the convention center (Panang on 10th street is a must try), and there's some good dives, Belgian pubs, and whiskey bars not too far away. It's kinda crazy that they're picking Philly as the spot because the minis community there isn't that big, though the one main LGS, Redcap's Corner, has recently expanded and created a second location, and minis gaming appears to have grown some since I moved away, as they support regular Warmahordes, Xwing, and Infinity events. Admittedly I really only played MtG and boardgames while there and may have overlooked minis entirely because of scheduling, but I feel we have a much more robust minis community here in Western MA.

I know the Convention Center regularly hosts Magic GP's and other large events, and I've gone there for some Environmental conferences while doing some translation and grant review for the Region 3 EPA. It's nice as convention centers go- giant overly ostentatious volumes of space. The Redding Terminal Market is also right next door; it's a closed city block filled with various vendors of foods and all sorts of other things, There's some great Mediterranean, Crepe, and Sub places in there. I used to carve at Hershel's, a Jewish Deli specializing in 3/4 pounds of house-cured corn beef on the best Reubens in Philly; I can't recommend it though, cause the owners were jerks.

I think I'm getting overly excited about just the being in Philadelphia aspect, largely because little info has yet been released about the nature of this con. Let's all touch base about travel plans as we get closer.
'This is the age of total digitalisation; everything is online always.'
'Uh huh, and that's why our politicians are pure and clean, and the world works so well, is it? Because everybody knows everything and there's no hiding place.
Peter F. Hamilton

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:10 pm

I posted to henchmen to see if there was anyone local or semi local that would be up for running Malifaux. Hopefully somone will.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Return to “Non-Club Events”