Star Wars Armada: The Corellian Conflict starting in January

For all events advertised by, but not run through, The 131
pasewi
Whiteshield

Star Wars Armada: The Corellian Conflict starting in January

Postby pasewi » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:57 pm

This is a new campaign for Star Wars Armada. In it, two teams of 2-3 play out weekly battles for dominance of planets in the Corellian sector. Capturing and holding locations wins resources and strategic advantages for your team. Unique units are shared only once among a team, and losses can carry over from battle to battle, such that destroying a unique upgrade or hero eliminates it for the entire campaign.

The campaign introduces sixteen new unique fighter squadrons and twelve new battle objectives, plus rules for repairing and refitting after a battle and for your forces gaining veterancy. And the Corellian Conflict coincides with the release of Armada Wave V, which includes a new ship and fighter pack for each faction.

The campaign will play out over the course of one weekly battle for each player (three matchups per week in total). I'm looking at Wednesday nights at Off the Wall, with some flexibility if scheduling conflicts arise. I'll be organizing the group, so watch this space for battle reports as the campaign goes on. We're working on getting a campaign kit through the store, which will have some alt art and extra cards. It's not structured like a tournament prize kit, so it's not a cutthroat battle for pick of the stuff.

I've spoken to some interested players so far, but if you would still like to join up send me a message and let me know if you'd rather be on the Rebel or Imperial side. Teams will coordinate their battle plans and can share collections if needed. If it turns out we have more than six players we can always have more than one campaign going on.

Kowal
Veteran

Re: Star Wars Armada: The Corellian Conflict starting in January

Postby Kowal » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:40 pm

I'm feeling rebellious this year. I will rebel the hell out of people unless our cups overfloweth with rebels.
This just goes to show: No matter how stupid and useless a weapon may look to you, some guy in Asia with too much time on his hands has figured out how to use it to kill five ninjas.

pasewi
Whiteshield

Postby pasewi » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:59 am

You got it. Rebels might be you, me, and Cpt Nemo (Chris).

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Postby Kinne » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:38 pm

I'll serve for the glory of the Empire. We'll teach you Rebel scum a lesson.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Kinne

Postby Kinne » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:39 pm

And since I won't be using them, if anyone needs any extra Rebel ships to bulk out a fleet, let me know. I have at least two of every ship, minus the Pelta.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

pasewi
Whiteshield

Postby pasewi » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:08 pm

We'll see, some of my Rebel stuff didn't come in yet.

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:46 am

Is this a good event for people who are new to Armada?
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

pasewi
Whiteshield

Postby pasewi » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:43 am

I'd say so. You get to grow your forces over the course of the campaign, and everyone has teammates. Plus the campaign is not as competitive as a tournament with prizes for the top cuts.

We've got a full roster of six, but if more are interested we can have a second league going at the same time, or else run the campaign again afterwards.

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:04 pm

If enough people join for a second league, sure. But don't worry about it!
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Kinne

Postby Kinne » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:45 pm

Plus you start off with the base game mechanics. Each ship can only have a single upgrade card at the start, so you don't have to worry much about learning all the upgrades, just the ships.

Return to “Non-Club Events”