There's been some interest in starting an Infinity Escalation League, and I wanted to open it up to everyone else here.
- You would have one game per week for 8 weeks.
- You would use the same faction/sectorial for League games
- First round pairings are random, and then scoring proceeds in the Swiss Style
- If there is an odd number of players, no one will have more than one bye week (assuming we have more than 8 players).
- You need an ITS number (free).
- Games can be played anywhere: there is interest from The Portal over in Manchester for this as well. Players will need to work with their opponents to set up times to play.
- Postings will be made each week, you should have a new opponent each week.
- We can choose to have a prize kit- A standard prize kit is $50 usd. With 5-8 players, that goes from being $10 to $5 per person. Alternatively, we could do no prizes and make it cheaper, depending on how people feel (post your thoughts in here).
- I'm also willing to chip in for a painting prize for the army that goes from absolute nothing to looking the best over the course of the tournament.
- Each week, you submit your army list to the organizer. A PDF/paper from Army Builder 6 is desired.
- Weeks 1-5 are a limited point amount and have a specific mission to be played.
- For the 6th, 7th, and 8th league rounds, the organizer will choose an available scenario- no scenarios will be repeated.
- For full details on the weekly stuff, go here: ITS Rules, page 63 - PDF Download
Briefly, the escalation league goes:
Week 1 - 120pts
Week 2 - 150pts
Week 3 - 200pts
Week 4 - 250pts
Week 5 - 300pts
Week 6 - 300pts + ITS Mission chosen by Organizer
Week 7 - 300pts + ITS Mission chosen by Organizer
Week 8 - 300pts + ITS Mission chosen by Organizer (Maybe 400pts?)
What do you all think? What would you like to see?