March Madness Finals

For all events advertised by, but not run through, The 131
WildBorr
Veteran

Re: March Madness Finals

Postby WildBorr » Sun May 13, 2018 12:49 pm

DuFresne beat the Dreamer 10-0. Kentauri delivery system with close deployment allowed DuFresne to nuke Dreamer, Lelu, a Stitched, and Nekima at the end of turn 2.

Ynysley
Whiteshield

Postby Ynysley » Mon May 14, 2018 10:00 am

Confirming. Dreamer does not like the mean redheaded lady and her dumb horse.

Corwin
Veteran

Postby Corwin » Thu May 17, 2018 9:16 am

I had half a right done this morning went to finish it up at break and it was gone so brief recap. Vic of Ashes died turn 1. Baby Kade killed Johana in one activation cheating in the RJ to bring her down to HtK. He also killed Vic of Blood. The Wokou Raider yo-yoed back and forth between heads in his deployment and getting lured. In the end Luicus win 9-8 making me the biggest loser.
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with BS. If that doesn't work, riddle them with bullets.

Solicitor 6
Whiteshield

Postby Solicitor 6 » Thu May 17, 2018 9:42 am

Confirming Corwin's report.

Turn 1 saw Vik of Ashes, Mature Nephilim, and the Mysterious Emissary all fall close to the Vik's deployment zone, leaving Headhunter markers there for the Woku Raider to go back and forth collecting in subsequent rounds (when she wasn't being lured into the forest where Lilitu, the doppelganger and Cade were all hiding to avoid Sue and the Convict Gunslinger, both with Return Fire). Sue had Vendetta on the Mature Nephilim and while he got his first attack on it, I had to deny him the kill, giving it to Vik of Blood so that she could generate a healing flip in a desperate attempt save her sister.

Lucius and company conceded the center of the board, allowing Viks crew to rack up Show of Force points uncontested. They kept luring targets into the forest and while both sides were fairly decimated in there, Lucius's ability to cast a six inch "Don't Mind Me" aura made it easy for his crew to score Headhunter points, regardless of the scrum that developed.

Vanessa turned out to be a huge waste and completely ineffective. Between Ashes falling Turn 1 (despite Vanessa's efforts along with Blood on healing actions) and the majority of the action occurring away from the center of the board, Vanessa's placement combined with the terrain rendered her isolated from action.

Congrats to Corwin. Hard fought battle.
The best way to figure out where you come from, is to figure out where you're going and work your way backwards. -The Doctor

Return to “Non-Club Events”