Chaos Knights

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Chaos Knights

Postby Slimnoid » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:48 pm

From the FW Open this weekend.

and the Kytan Daemon Engine of Khorne.

A Heavy 8 BS3 Krak Missile is unimpressive, and at that point cost it only has a 5+ invuln save. Not terribly good, but it'll go first against most other knights in CC so there's that.
Bring me your finest coffee!

Corwin
Veteran

Re: Chaos Knights

Postby Corwin » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:04 am

With it being a deamon of khorne it would have a BS of at least 5, we all know how much shooting khorne likes to do. The fact that it is pining I'd also nice.
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with BS. If that doesn't work, riddle them with bullets.

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Postby Slimnoid » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:50 am

Corwin wrote:With it being a deamon of khorne it would have a BS of at least 5, we all know how much shooting khorne likes to do. The fact that it is pining I'd also nice.

For 525pts it should have BS5, but here we are.

It's up for preorder now, and has the experimental rules in the description. FW actually listens to player feedback, so the final product in whatever book it's released in might change for the better.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/KYTAN.html

ArDeZe
Whiteshield

Postby ArDeZe » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:37 am

Well there goes my paycheck...

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Postby Slimnoid » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:45 am

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/CHAOS_KNIGHT.html

I'm not really feeling the overall design. The top carapace looks bad, more crab-like and less gibbering chaos, and it doesn't fix the problem with the back of the knight kit (in that it's boring with no armor plates to break up all the mechanical gubbins).

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:27 am

It's kinda cool, I like the shield. I'm currently converting one, I'll probably like it better in the end. I used a Chaos Knight shield :)
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Postby Slimnoid » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:32 pm

Dez wrote:It's kinda cool, I like the shield. I'm currently converting one, I'll probably like it better in the end. I used a Chaos Knight shield :)

Yeah, the shield is the only thing I really like about it. If ALL of the carapace parts were like that it'd be pretty neat.

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Postby Slimnoid » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:18 pm

So I sent FW an email with a question in regards to the Chaos Knight. One that's kinda important due to poor wording; this is what I got.

Me wrote:In the experimental rules for the Chaos Knight recently posted on your website, both variants are listed as being able to purchase "Daemon Knight of X," with X being whichever chaos god favors them. When the rules are explained at length on the next page, it says at the bottom of each entry "A Daemon Knight of X is counted as being a Daemon aligned with X."

The question here, is this: does this mean that they are a Daemon of Nurgle/Tzeentch/Slaanesh/Khorne as detailed in either Codex: Chaos Space Marines or Codex: Chaos Daemons? And if so, which one should they adhere to, since marked Daemons are different between the two? If not, is it simply for clarity in regards to weapons and abilities that affect a Daemon of a particular chaos god?

Forgeworld wrote:Hi There,

Hail Citizen of the Emperium!

As a customer service team we are able to offer suggested house rules, thoughts and our own interpretation of rules but are unable to issue official rulings, this can only be done by the company design teams that publish the official rules in either PDF updates or printed and digital publications which will become available in time.

I would say (personally) that you should choose the mark or dedication from the force you are placing it with, if this is a model to part of a daemons force (mainly then use the daemons mark)

I would say this is an awesome opportunity to have a chat with you friends and see what epic house rules you can decide on till the official updates and rulings are released.

I hope this helps.

Yeah I sure want to have an "awesome chat" because you guys suck eggs at rules-writing.

Christ.

Ankaru
Veteran

Postby Ankaru » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:47 pm

On the pages you posted, it mentions seeing the chaos marine codex for an upgrade, so I would assume the mark would also come from the same codex, as it would not make sense to have to use two books for one model. As I see it, using the marks from the marine codex is right.
Fantasy is cool. Sci-fi is cool too. But when you combine them, they become even cooler.

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Postby Slimnoid » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:36 pm

Ankaru wrote:On the pages you posted, it mentions seeing the chaos marine codex for an upgrade, so I would assume the mark would also come from the same codex, as it would not make sense to have to use two books for one model. As I see it, using the marks from the marine codex is right.

Thing is, a Chaos Knight is a LoW slot for both CSM and Chaos Daemons. So if they wanted us to use the Daemon rules from CSM they should have said as much.

If they wanted to let you choose, it should just be clarified with the following: "A Daemon Knight gains the Daemon of X rule, as detailed in Codex: Chaos Space Marines or Codex: Chaos Space Marines, depending on which army is your primary detachment." That's simple enough and has no room for confusion or different interpretation.

The email is as close to an official answer as we're likely to get right now, but it's pretty silly and basically a non-answer because ultimately "talk to your opponent" is an excuse not to write better rules.

Return to “Chaos Space Marines”