So kinda happy surprise

Dez
Storm Trooper

Re: So kinda happy surprise

Postby Dez » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:39 pm

As far as the Champ goes, Ranged weapons are only Combi-Weapons and Plasma Pistol. It's under Ranged Weapons on page 91.

You might not even need to magnetize because the parts will dry fit. What you can do is glue the Rhino Hatches together, but not to the hull. That way you can take off the hatches, and put in the base for the Predator Turret and viola you have a cheap Predator ready to take over!

I also recommend magnetizing. Like Jonah said, it's just an initial investment and will save you money in the long run. You can buy 3 Predator kits, and use them as either. If you are so inclined, you could have extra Rhinos if you decide to run Havocs.

Also, you may want to NOT glue in the round hatches. That way, you can always add in the Havoc Launcher which I personally love and take on my Predators. Twin Linked Lascannon Turret, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Havoc Launcher, Combi-Bolter takes care of just about any scenario and is cheap in points.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Lord Padriac
Recruit

Postby Lord Padriac » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:16 pm

I know I replied to this yesterday again but it seems to have gone into the ether...

Thanks for the point out on the champ. I for the life of me couldn't find that damn list in the codex no matter how much I flipped pages even though I knew I had seen it. That one gets a post it book mark.

So after much more searching (Google returns a ton of results to sort through for magnetizing a Rhino/Predator) I came across this pretty good tut. The English is terrible and the written instructions seem to skip some steps here and there but the number of pics more than make up for it. Is this what is being talked about? This seems like something I could easily handle and I'm even kinda excited about now. http://space-wolves-grey.blogspot.com/2 ... -tank.html

Also I found a super discounted lot 200 of 3mm x 1.5mm neodymium disc magnets for about $28 shipped. Seems like a good deal and should do several dozen models - so maybe it's worth the time after all. I've never purchased magnets like this though so is that a good price?
Last edited by Commander_Jay on Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:44 pm

It seems like a decent price, depending on shipping. I get all my Magnets from Gaussboys, their listing for that size is here: http://www.gaussboys.com/store/index.ph ... d0301.html

So 10 cents each... $20 plus shipping. It's not really discounted, and you might even be able to get them cheaper right through the site.

~J

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:48 pm

300 would go a long way. Even if you used a lot, like eight per big piece (four on each side). You'd be able to convert and magnetize a lot of models.

You could expand, and magnetize the upgrades, and equipment choices too, like missile launchers. Or as Dez mentioned, a lot of them plug right in, and won't even need magnets.
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Lord Padriac
Recruit

Postby Lord Padriac » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:06 pm

Comes out to about the same price at the site you mentioned Raza, but it's actually a bit cheaper because the shipping at the K&J is 3 day UPS and 2 day priority (USPS) at gaussboys when I put in my zip. So quicker shipping and Saturday counting as a possible delivery day sounds like a way better option.

Return to “Chaos Space Marines”