Cult Troops as Troops/Elites

Robopope
Whiteshield

Cult Troops as Troops/Elites

Postby Robopope » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:13 am

Hey everyone, I just got the new CSM codex and have been messing around with cult armies. For example, if I include Typhus in the army he makes all Plague Marines into Troops choices and the rule is worded as thus:

Codex Chaos Space Marines wrote:Lord of the Plague Host
In a primary detachment that includes Typhus, Plague Marines are troops choices instead of elites.

Now am I correct in interpreting this to mean that Plague Marines can be taken in Typhus's army as Troops but not as Elites, therefore limiting me to six squads of Plague Marines? I have already consulted GW's FAQ and Errata section and they had nothing to say on this.
In an hour of Darkness, a blind man is the best guide.
In an Age of Insanity, look to the Madman to show the way.

Xelloss
Whiteshield

Re: Cult Troops as Troops/Elites

Postby Xelloss » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:21 am

In this case yes, that is the correct interpretation. Some codex's state "troops as well as elites", but that isn't the case here.
Everyone is insane, its only a matter who's more obvious about it.

There are no "good guys"; everyone's a jerk, especially you.

orkwarboss
Storm Trooper

Re: Cult Troops as Troops/Elites

Postby orkwarboss » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:51 pm

Xelloss wrote:In this case yes, that is the correct interpretation. Some codex's state "troops as well as elites", but that isn't the case here.

One that comes to mind (perhaps because i play them) is Dark Angels.
Lion El’ Johnson – This one is an oldie but a goodie. Turns out he was a poet from the Victorian era who wrote a poem called ‘The Dark Angel’. He also was rumored to have quite the secret for those times.

Commander_Jay wrote:On the plus side, some of the rules and attacks are hilarious. My Gyrocopter can tilt its rotors and cut through people like a homicidal kitchen blender.

Return to “Chaos Space Marines”