Daemon Prince

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Daemon Prince

Postby Kinne » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:53 pm

So I was just playing around with the CSM list in AB (it just updated, BTW), and a Daemon Prince with MoK and the Axe of Blind Fury is. . .painful. His WS drops to 8 (sad face), but he becomes S8 with 5+D6 attacks at AP2, which increase to a base of 7 at S9 on the charge. I mean, with power armor and wings he rings in at 255 points, which is Mephiston territory, but the dude has Eternal Warrior, causes Fear, is Fearless, is a Flying Monstrous Creature, has a 3+/5++, is Initiative 8. . .in short, he could WRECK Mephiston in a fight, especially if he charged. Combine that with his ability to fly across the battlefield and avoid a lot of shooting, and that's a nasty thing to drop. It's certainly a lot of points, but his potential damage output. . .yeesh. I don't see any other DP configurations coming close this time around. Hell, I don't see a lot of melee special characters that have as high a damage output. He's obviously very killable, with only four wounds at T5, but once he gets into combat, his I8 should let him handle most of whatever stands against him, and if you run him into something he can't kill that has the potential to kill him, well, that's your own darn fault. Or it's a Death Company out of a Stormraven.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Xelloss
Whiteshield

Re: Daemon Prince

Postby Xelloss » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:00 pm

I thought the princes lost eternal warrior. And personally, I still like the black mace on one. The burning brand is also a favorite, though that can go on whoever.
Everyone is insane, its only a matter who's more obvious about it.

There are no "good guys"; everyone's a jerk, especially you.

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Postby Slimnoid » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:14 pm

Daemon Princes don't have Eternal Warrior.
Bring me your finest coffee!

Kinne

Postby Kinne » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:14 am

The Daemon USR doesn't grant EW? That's kind of lame.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:19 am

They also can't get the mark of Khorne. They can be a demon prince of Khorne which grants them different abilities than the mark.

I also agree that the mace would be a better option.

Thanks for the update regarding army builder.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Xelloss
Whiteshield

Postby Xelloss » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:30 am

Without EW or the option for T6, his WS is his best defence in close combat. Losing it is simply to high a price to pay without other defensive buffs. He still isn't the auto-include beat stick were used to having, but then neither is anything else in the 'dex anymore (other then Abby of course.)

Kinne

Postby Kinne » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:14 am

Speaking of Abby, I'm entertained by the fact that Blood Angels hate him now, because he has the Talon of Horus.

Xelloss
Whiteshield

Postby Xelloss » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:21 am

By that logic, shouldn't every loyalist marine in existence hate him?

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Postby Slimnoid » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:44 am

Inquisitor Wall wrote:They also can't get the mark of Khorne.

That doesn't preclude him from taking the Axe of Khorne, thanks to the FAQ.

Kinne wrote:Speaking of Abby, I'm entertained by the fact that Blood Angels hate him now, because he has the Talon of Horus.

I'm entertained that Abby, by RAW, can't join a marked unit because he has a different Mark of Chaos.

Chaos Space Marines pg. 30 wrote:An Independent Character with a Mark of Chaos may not join a unit with a different Mark of Chaos.

Chaos Space Marines pg. 57 wrote:Mark of Chaos Ascendant: [...]He also has all four Marks of Chaos.

Whoops.
Bring me your finest coffee!

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:53 am

But he does also have the correct mark, which would allow him to join as it is written.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Return to “Chaos Space Marines”