Pics of the new models in White Dwarf

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Re: Pics of the new models in White Dwarf

Postby Slimnoid » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:12 pm

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... od1740031a

Its $10 USD off the full price! What a steal!

...also, why the hell are Havocs finecast?
Bring me your finest coffee!

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Postby Kinne » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:39 pm

The Havocs are metal. Or, at least metal upgrade bits to add to a plastic marine body.

It also doesn't say whether or not the Thousand Sons (and I'm assuming other legion-specific) upgrade kits are metal, finecast or plastic. I would think Finecast, but usually it will state "high quality resin" or somesuch.

I find it sad that the Warpsmith is nine dollars more than a techmarine, when they're pretty much the same thing. That's a 40% increase for essentially the same model.

I'm very excited about the book. I'm excited about the warpsmith and dark apostle. And I'm VERY excited about the prospect of Iron Warriors and Night Lords (and, hopefully, Word Bearers and Alpha Legion) making a comeback, because that bodes very well for the codex being cooler overall. I'm just disappointed in the price points. Not surprised. Just disappointed.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Slimnoid
Hardened Vet

Postby Slimnoid » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:42 pm

Oh hey the old Daemon Prince is finecast too.

I'm...actually kind of cool with that.
Bring me your finest coffee!

Trygon Prime
Whiteshield

Postby Trygon Prime » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:59 pm

Iron Warriors and Night Lords really look like a big come back, (would Love to see more Alpha Legion in there too). I'm also disappointed with some of the prices and models too, but I really want to add those new raptors to my army, and maybe even the Maulerfiend. Heldrake seems a bit costly, but at least it's not the same price as a storm raven right now. I already decided to take the Iron Warrior Warsmith and use him as a Warpsmith. I have high hopes for the Codex, but "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
Grey Knights: 3500 points
Chaos Space Marines: In process of making army
Ork Freebootas: 450 points
Cryx: 150 points
Protectorate of Menoth: 50 points

whytwolf
Lord General

Postby whytwolf » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:33 pm

The cost of the Codex alone is making me reconsider my decision to hang onto my Chaos Marines. :(

But I am with you Kevin in the respect that if I did decide to buy the new Codex and hang onto my Chaos, I'd for the most part be sticking with the models I already have.
"It is the way of Fenris. We stay as long as we can. We fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more, do we move on."

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:29 am

It's definitely expensive.

That said...I think I like most of them, now that I've given them a once over. I become a bigger fan of that Helldrake every time I look. The Warpsmith...I actually think is worth it. Check out the 360, it's a ridiculous amount of detail and a great model...something I'd expect out of Forge World. I just don't like the head ;)

I'm sold on the Raptors. I just need to know how many of those I can use. I even like the Warp Talons better, though I wouldn't use the heads or the little sidewings. Which means I'm probably just looking at Raptors anyway ;)

The Aspiring Champ looks even better. I couldn't help thinking about how much fun it would be to paint it. $20 though...I'd like to see the sprue at least. There are box sets full of plastic for a few dollars more, so I hope it's packed with bits and options.

And now, the Dinosaurs. Yup, I see it...but I think a head swap could leave you with some very cool models. Imagine the Maulerfiend with one of the Defiler heads. Not bad, eh?

Those Mutilators. Put the head of Rush Limbaugh on a crab, swallow it whole and poop it out. Mutilators.

What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Gaghiel
Whiteshield

Postby Gaghiel » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:49 am

yeah, the aspiring champ is only 8 pieces. so, no options or bitz to play with, what you see is i assume what you get. i love the detial on the smith and dark apostle- no doubt.. but i hate failcast so much i wont bother. and since i've already had to convert my havocs from before, there is no need for more.
on the plus side the raptors are one kit, so there should be a lot of extra pieces to play with. i hope.

friggin' dinosaurs.
>merf grumble<
- Jeremy

orkwarboss
Storm Trooper

Postby orkwarboss » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:03 am

$50 for the standard chaos book?? I have 5 40k armies. thats $250. Dont think so. I wont need to know about infiltrating units or deep striking near an icon. I may get FailCast Typhus just to convert but overall I think my chaos army is dead. I just cant justify the codex price. I glad when I built it I used no chaos bits so now I can just swing it into my DA collection and trade off the EFM i used for LSD.

I will however look hard into all the DA metal models still on GWs site. The rumor mill is spinning with the possibilty of a DA book by years end or early next year.
Lion El’ Johnson – This one is an oldie but a goodie. Turns out he was a poet from the Victorian era who wrote a poem called ‘The Dark Angel’. He also was rumored to have quite the secret for those times.

Commander_Jay wrote:On the plus side, some of the rules and attacks are hilarious. My Gyrocopter can tilt its rotors and cut through people like a homicidal kitchen blender.

Return to “Chaos Space Marines”