BoLS Chaos Legion Rules

Dez
Storm Trooper

BoLS Chaos Legion Rules

Postby Dez » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:50 am

I'm still reading them now, but thought I would share. I'd be happy to play with these rules in friendly games.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2011/02/ ... dirty.html
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

orkwarboss
Storm Trooper

Re: BoLS Chaos Legion Rules

Postby orkwarboss » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:33 am

while i did not read all of them, I did scroll down to the Alpha Legion section. I have been trying to work an AL army onto paper and Id like to know more about what BoLS has come up with . I do not have the current SM or IG book so in a nut shell (copyright rules remember!):

what does "Combat Tactics and ATSKNF" mean?

Special Weapon Squads from the IG book is what?

Guardsman Marbo has Flak armour; Ripper pistol; Envenomed blade are all wargear which do what.

thats all I ask. thanks
Lion El’ Johnson – This one is an oldie but a goodie. Turns out he was a poet from the Victorian era who wrote a poem called ‘The Dark Angel’. He also was rumored to have quite the secret for those times.

Commander_Jay wrote:On the plus side, some of the rules and attacks are hilarious. My Gyrocopter can tilt its rotors and cut through people like a homicidal kitchen blender.

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:41 pm

Those look pretty fun. Not over the top, but a little change from the standard rules. I'd give them a shot.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:01 pm

orkwarboss wrote:what does "Combat Tactics and ATSKNF" mean?

Special Weapon Squads from the IG book is what?

Guardsman Marbo has Flak armour; Ripper pistol; Envenomed blade are all wargear which do what.

thats all I ask. thanks

Combat Tactics is a Space Marine Special Rule that allows you to divide the squad up into two squads, if I remember correctly.

ATSKNF = And They Shall Know No Fear. This is the rule that lets them auto regroup.

Can't list Marbo's stats and stuff, but I know he has a range 8 large blast weapon that is like S8 or 10, and AP 1 or 2. Other than that, he just appears on the table like a lictor.

Special Weapons squads from the IG book are 6 dudes, and 3 can be armed with sniper rifles, plasma rifles, melta guns, flamers, grenade launchers, and I think a demo charge or 3 (See marbo description).

~J

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:06 pm

That's Combat Squads, the Combat Tactics let them choose to autofail morale tests.

ATSKNF not only allows them to always regroup (unless within 6" of an enemy unit), but also makes sure they never get caught and destroyed in a sweeping advance.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

orkwarboss
Storm Trooper

Postby orkwarboss » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:25 pm

very intresting fluff wise to toss in Marbo. He would fit the AL story. This might be a better way for me.

Back to the paper army...........

PS i think the large blast thing you speak of is his demo charge. bummer that he is not in either old IG book that I have......
Lion El’ Johnson – This one is an oldie but a goodie. Turns out he was a poet from the Victorian era who wrote a poem called ‘The Dark Angel’. He also was rumored to have quite the secret for those times.

Commander_Jay wrote:On the plus side, some of the rules and attacks are hilarious. My Gyrocopter can tilt its rotors and cut through people like a homicidal kitchen blender.

Grandmaster marc
Hardened Vet

Postby Grandmaster marc » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:07 pm

so im guessing the guard part is cultists? becasue i got the impression that the conscripts were slaves. jer would like that one lol.
"To take a town, send a legionary. To take a city, send a squad. To take a world, send a company. To take a culture, send a Chapter."

-Popular Ultramarines Aphorism

Return to “Chaos Space Marines”