First Surfacing TK pics

MadMike
Whiteshield

Re: First Surfacing TK pics

Postby MadMike » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:15 pm

Inquisitor Wall wrote:Preorders are up on GW page. Lovely prices. $41.25 for 10 tomb guard, $54.50 for 3 snake riders. Nice models but again their pricing never ceases to amaze me.

Well, the necrosphinx at least looks like a fair price. I really like the skull face option! Lots of bits in that box I would say... LOTS. The knights do seem a bit out of line however... :( Its hard to tell from the pics how many extra bits you get in the knights box or how useful they would be for conversions. Because the kit makes two units, it might be a better value than it appears but maybe not as well. Its cost might be higher due to the extra plastic in the box, but then again, they should sell more since it produces two unit types so volume should discount it... *shrug* I do have to say I like the flying scarabs on the sprue. I could see pinning them on fine wires flying about the knights.

I had to chuckle looking at the models as the days of drybrushing them white and dipping them is long gone. Lots of metal to pick out and highlight on those boys. A well painted army will look stunning on the tabletop.

Oh, in the army picture, did anyone notice the scorpions in the far upper left corner? Are those new models? Doesn't look like it but its a little hard to tell. Not that I don't like the current ones, but plastic would seem right for those and with these new sculpts, it would be great to see them get a suitably nice re-do.
Must paint more models... Must paint more... Must...

Lakomasoi
Veteran

Postby Lakomasoi » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:18 pm

I think the knight box had something like either 65 or 94 bits in it both those numbers are associated with sprue count

Nah those are the old Scorpions

Randy
Whiteshield

Postby Randy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:57 pm

I really like the turquoise they are using.
Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.
George S. Patton

Return to “Tomb Kings”