Enjoy, Fitz!

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Enjoy, Fitz!

Postby Kinne » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:36 am

An ancient race that has lain dormant for thousands of years, the Tomb Kings now awaken from within their ancient burial pyramids. Cheated from the eternal life that they were promised, the Tomb Kings are instead doomed to an eternal undeath - awakened they thirst for vengeance against those who would disturb their slumber.

At the command of these undying lords march legions of implacable Skeleton Warriors, hosts of chariots crewed by long-dead crewmen and towering statues carved from unyielding stone.

The armies of the Tomb Kings are vast, unstoppable hordes that know neither fear nor remorse - and they shall not rest until all who stand against them are laid low.

This May Warhammer: Tomb Kings is released, containing everything you need to use the legions of Nehekhara in your games of Warhammer.

Alongside the new book we'll also be releases a slew of amazing new miniatures for Tomb Kings players to collect and add to their armies. Details are being kept firmly under wraps for now, but more details will be available over the coming months. To make sure you're the first to see the new models and read the latest news keep your eyes fixed to the pages of White Dwarf, the Games Workshop newsletter and the What's New Today blog.

In the meantime, if you're a Tomb Kings player (or thinking about becoming one) it's time to start building up your Undead hordes in preparation for the new arrivals. So, out with the large drybrush (and the pot of Bleached Bone) and onwards to glory!

Presented below are two exclusive sneak peeks at the upcoming releases. Please keep checking back on the website, and in White Dwarf for more information in the near future.

So it's officially confirmed. You only have three months to go.

You need a GW account to see the page, but here's the link:

https://www.games-workshop.com/gws/cont ... id=1111872

Note the incredibly close-up (and thus pretty lame) "sneak peeks" of new models. And the White Dwarf push. And the poor grammar. But it's a solid confirmation!
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Lakomasoi
Veteran

Re: Enjoy, Fitz!

Postby Lakomasoi » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:48 am

Im happy and im not cause i have my return money i was gonna build my army with now but then they are going to make me wait.... but its only three months. On a side note, this is a very quick time between release. We might see another one before end of next year.

I've been told the picture on the right at the bottom of the page is of the Sphinx. So a slight confirm of a large creature which might not be so bad. I however would have liked something more along the lines of a Draco-Liche but thats just me.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:52 am

Fitz I hear that they aren't going to be redoing any basic troops, so you are probably safe with those.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Kinne

Postby Kinne » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:55 am

The army does really need a lifting of the model restriction on its skeletons and plastic Tomb Guard. Of course, those're likely to be $40 for ten.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Lakomasoi
Veteran

Postby Lakomasoi » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:14 am

The reason i was getting models from other sites is i dislike the proportions of the Skeletons, they can leave the Ushabti the way they are maybe make it plastic. I just want them to fix the horses and the hands on Skeletons and i'll be ecstatic but either way im very Excited about this.

Kinne

Postby Kinne » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:20 am

Yeah, the skellies do suffer from Giant Hand Syndrome.

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:21 pm

I'm kinda shocked at how fast these guys are moving. We hadn't seen a codex in 6 months, and now Orcs and Gobbos, then Grey Knights, then Tomb Kings? Are Necrons going to be in June?

~J

Lakomasoi
Veteran

Postby Lakomasoi » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:38 pm

How easy would it be to switch out the spear arms from tk with the ones from vc

Kinne

Postby Kinne » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:50 pm

The joint on the VC skeletons is pretty small. The TK shoulders might be a little too big. I can root around for some extras, and you can take a look.

oninosweeney
Whiteshield

Postby oninosweeney » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:09 pm

J Rzasa wrote:I'm kinda shocked at how fast these guys are moving. We hadn't seen a codex in 6 months, and now Orcs and Gobbos, then Grey Knights, then Tomb Kings? Are Necrons going to be in June?

~J

everything i see says Ogres in August... so there would be a space for necrons in june-july at this current pace.

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Return to “Tomb Kings”