Empire Hero's

Grandmaster marc
Hardened Vet

Empire Hero's

Postby Grandmaster marc » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:07 pm

I'm trying to make an extremly bloodthirsty single infantry model for my empire army. I want to put mor diversity in my army. My thoughs were either:

General with sword of bloodlust (+3 atks), meteoric iron armor (1+) save , shield, and a 6+ ward save
or
General with: meteoric iron armor, relic, blade of fear, mabey enchanted shield

what are your thoughts? or is this just a waste of time?
"To take a town, send a legionary. To take a city, send a squad. To take a world, send a company. To take a culture, send a Chapter."

-Popular Ultramarines Aphorism

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Re: Empire Hero's

Postby Commander_Jay » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:46 pm

You cant combine meteoric iron with an enchanted shield. You can only have one item of each type, and they are both magical armors.

Empire really cant make super close combat characters. I'd recommend mounting the character on a barded horse, and spending more points on weapons. Maybe a potion of strength too.

And start with a grand master. The general is not good for a fight.
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:02 pm

Infantry is hard. By blood thirsty, do you mean a model that will kill troops, characters, or both? Because choosing one or the other is possible.

Like, with the Laureals of Victory and a weapon of +2 attacks, you could make a grand master with 6 attacks, and double the wounds for combat res. This will win combat, and remove troops. Add a warrior priest with hammer of sigmar cast on the master, and you might add 12 to the combat res.

To fight characters, you may want a simple great weapon. And lots of defense. Although a sword of fate is amazing, but only against one character per game. Its great to give to a captain.
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Grandmaster marc
Hardened Vet

Postby Grandmaster marc » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:31 pm

true i wanted an infantry becasue i actually wanted a look our sir thing but my other question for you would be if i gave my bsb the sword of fear so he has what ever faces the halberds face fear.
"To take a town, send a legionary. To take a city, send a squad. To take a world, send a company. To take a culture, send a Chapter."

Grandmaster marc
Hardened Vet

Postby Grandmaster marc » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:33 pm

well, i wish i could have one of each gotta remake the list i guess and you do have asolid point i want a comander that can kill more than lead and leave the helm of command to some one else

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:36 pm

Fear isnt very good. Most people pass the check, or have a BSB for the reroll. And captains can provide some help.

But only the Grand Master compares to other Lord level fighters. Or special characters that are all mounted. It's sort of a flaw.
-Commander Jay

Grandmaster marc
Hardened Vet

Postby Grandmaster marc » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:18 pm

ah well i had a few points to kill so i put it on him

Return to “Empire”