Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Warhammer Fantasy Battles » Warhammer » Bretonnia

Post subject: Bretonnia Release Rumors
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:31 am 
Archmagos Veneratus

Quote:
There's been a bit of direct leakage at GW Germany, which I thought I should share. At the present, Brets are scheduled to be released between November and January, though there appear to be some kinks in the system they have to work out, hence the span of three months. No further details as of yet, as ony the release schedule has so far made its way out. (Although only the Lady knows how many last-minute screw ups could postpone that still further... we've seen it before! )
There has been talk about several plastic kits, though I am wary of that, as GW has sometimes developed plastic kits that were withdrawn at the last minute (a Dwarf character set was scrapped, and two of the concept minis - a dwarf king on oathstone and a BSB - were released in metal instead). I'm hearing two at least, but well... big surprise there, as every new army book has come with at least two new plastic sets in th recent past.

Would anybody know if the timing is significant in any way? I'm guessing it will have some effect that we are being published after the release of Storm of Magic.

And guys... let's keep the "yeah, sure, reliable source" jokes down to a minimum, please. This is the good stuff, rumour-wise.

Found this on the BOLS boards. Was reading an article about DE and saw it on the right. Interesting. I've always had interest in Brets, they were my first army, and so hard to play in 5th edition. In 8th, I'm not sure how good they are, and what they could do to make them better. But I've always loved the Medieval Europe feel.

We'll see how this ends up.

~J

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:40 am 
Storm Trooper

Playing against Kowal, I can tell you that Brets are nasty and probably don't even need an updated book. I'm sure some new models will be nice, though ;)

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

Quote:
I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:01 pm 
Whiteshield

Randy and Jared got a good taste of how hard the ol Brets can bring it last week. I'd much rather see Woodies out first since they need it more.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:14 pm 
Whiteshield

I think my list was better than (Tylar's) yours. Yes, i lost. But i had lost combat res by 2 and was stubburn (helm of Com, and due to the 1d6 chart) and failed my lead 9 twice.

I ran, he cought me, that unit was worth 1500 (had gen,BSB, and my lv4 caster) hence i lost. I would like to play a best of 3 with the same lists.

That being said i dont think berts are bad, they are like ogre's... they work just fine, but some things could just use a bit of rewording to clear up some of the outdated terms.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:24 pm 
Command Squad

NallTWD wrote:
I'd much rather see Woodies out first since they need it more.

I agree with this. A big part of my lack of desire for 8th ed fantasy is wood elves really dont work. Unless I want to completly rebuild my army into an all forest spirit list, and even then Im doubtful.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:49 pm 
Lord Requisitioner

Yeah, and what if we go all Forest Spirit, only for a new book to change it again.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:22 am 
Archmagos Veneratus

Ahem.

Sticks on bases with painted smiley faces. Models are illegal after new book released. Problem solved.

~J

Board index » Warhammer Fantasy Battles » Warhammer » Bretonnia