Rune Limits

Lord Padriac

Rune Limits

Postby Lord Padriac » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:08 pm

So according to the Dwarf book I can only take one of each master rune in any single army. If I take Thorek Ironbrow I believe that would mean I cannot take a Master Rune of Gromril on any other character or standard because he comes with the rune already on his armor. Or is this an exception because you are forced to take the rune when you take this particular character.

Lord Requisitioner

Re: Rune Limits

Postby Commander_Jay » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:37 pm

Rules as normal. It does not matter who has the Master Rune of Gromril, or whether you chose to take it, or had to. You may not take a second.

(Again, at least for the next month or so).

Keep in mind there are other ways to a 1+ save, or close to it.

Gromril armor, shield, and rune of stone is a very cheap path to a 2+ save. Any hero can do that easily. And a lord with Shieldbearers easily gets to 1+ with either a rune of stone or a shield. Add a rune of resistance to reroll your failures, and its better than just a Master Rune of Gromril.
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Master of the Administratum

Re: Rune Limits

Postby Kinne » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:44 pm

Lord on shieldbearers with a rune of resistance, rune of stone, master rune of spite and a great weapon can be pretty obnoxious in a challenge (1+, re-rollable armor save and a 4+ Ward Save). If you want to make him worse, add snorri spanglehelm (+1 to Hit), fury (+1 Attack) and MR of Kragg the Grim (GW still counts as a GW), so he has five attacks at WS7 S6 that have +1 to hit (so he hits most things on 2's). You have to drop the MR of spite, so he's not as durable, but he hits pretty hard and at T5 he's not easy to kill. The Rune of Preservation might be a nice addition as well, since it makes him immune to Killing Blow.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Return to “Dwarfs”