New dwarf rumors. Book next month.

orkwarboss
Storm Trooper

Re: New dwarf rumors. Book next month.

Postby orkwarboss » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:32 pm

Lion El’ Johnson – This one is an oldie but a goodie. Turns out he was a poet from the Victorian era who wrote a poem called ‘The Dark Angel’. He also was rumored to have quite the secret for those times.

Commander_Jay wrote:On the plus side, some of the rules and attacks are hilarious. My Gyrocopter can tilt its rotors and cut through people like a homicidal kitchen blender.

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:44 pm

Hm, looks like the new Ironbreakers too now. Looking good! Although man, that unit is dense. Good luck getting them to rank up.
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:03 pm

Very nice. I like that they made the armor look more ornate. I've always felt that GW dwarf armor was rather bland on all of their models except for heroes. Being the craftsmen they are in the fluff, it seems very fitting to look ornate.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Lord Padriac
Recruit

Postby Lord Padriac » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:12 pm

So the new units available officially for preorder now look pretty sick. I've read other places people complaining about the single slayer model, not sure why I love the Matrix type over the top pose they got him in. And those hammerers have me gratefully casting aside the painstaking and time consuming warrior conversions to hammerers and all the green stuffing that would've taken.

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:30 pm

Book is rumored for a 2/15 release, regular price. Apparently there is a "Gyrobomber" coming which must also make the Gyrocopter. The bomber is $45, and there is a Runelord and Engineer coming that are $21 each.

~J

Lord Padriac
Recruit

Postby Lord Padriac » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:21 pm

Yes, there is much Dwarfy goodness on the horizon.

orkwarboss
Storm Trooper

Postby orkwarboss » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:26 am

J Rzasa wrote:Book is rumored for a 2/15 release, regular price. Apparently there is a "Gyrobomber" coming which must also make the Gyrocopter. The bomber is $45, and there is a Runelord and Engineer coming that are $21 each.

~J

Pict link from GW. Gryo 'hot dog bun' bomber on the cover of weekly WD:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/b ... d=13100040
Lion El’ Johnson – This one is an oldie but a goodie. Turns out he was a poet from the Victorian era who wrote a poem called ‘The Dark Angel’. He also was rumored to have quite the secret for those times.

Commander_Jay wrote:On the plus side, some of the rules and attacks are hilarious. My Gyrocopter can tilt its rotors and cut through people like a homicidal kitchen blender.

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:59 am

I love the Longbeards, the shields are so beautiful. I've got a Skull Pass set here, I may paint some up.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:10 pm

Well. Dwarves have a Hind gunship. Even rockets and nose gun. Dont know whether that will be power creep, awesome, or stupid.

But seriously, attack helicopters? It was bad enough giving Dwarves breach loading rifled cartridge fire arms and cannons. But now attack helicopters?!
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Lord Padriac
Recruit

Postby Lord Padriac » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:50 am

Yeah, although I will of course get two of them the new copters seem to leave any pretense of the old steampunk vibe behind and look much more like a modern high tech attack helicopter. It doesn't even look like they tried to make it a mystical rune powered thing-a-ma-jig. Still kinda fantastic though.

Return to “Dwarfs”