New dwarf rumors. Book next month.

Lord Padriac
Recruit

Re: New dwarf rumors. Book next month.

Postby Lord Padriac » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:56 pm

So I know I'm a bit late to the game but how believable are these rumors about a new dwarf book? As far as I can tell from dates on blogs and articles and various "reliable sources" with "inside information" a new dwarf book has been coming next month or next week for several years now. I'd like an actual book to flip through but if a new one is actually coming in February, I'd rather buy another box of warriors now and not have to shell out for another book in three weeks or so.

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:10 pm

Welcome to the super top secret release schedule of games workshop. Dwarf book in quarter 1 of 2014 has been pretty consistent in the rumors for a while now. I would at least wait until after the tyranid book is released this weekend before buying the current dwarf book. If the dwarf book is coming out in February I would expect to see an increase in rumors as early as next week.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:48 pm

Yeah, February has been very consistent for almost a year now. So it's coming. There is no doubt at this point. The rumor mongers (I like http://natfka.blogspot.com/) have been pretty good with this stuff, especially 3 months out. Some forums can be tough, so I generally keep to sites that are consistent.

~J

Inquisitor Wall
Command Squad

Postby Inquisitor Wall » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:06 am

http://dld.bz/dgymZ

First pics of the new minis.
The strong survive. The weak perish.
Wyrd Henchman
Memphis Marauders 2013, 2014 Valley Blood Bowl Cup Champions!!!

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Postby Kinne » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:40 am

Noice. Seems like the Hammerer/Ironbreaker kit rumor was true, judging by the pic of the hammerers. The helmets look very similar to the current ironbreakers, and they're covered head to toe in armor. Slap on a faceplate and swap the weapon, and you should be good.

Extremely disappointing post, though. And I shouldn't be surprised at this from BoLS. One picture from the cover (BTW, what is that weird headdress/helmet thing?), one picture of what appears to be Gotrek and one of the Hammerers. They tend to put way more in WD, so did they not this time around or did BoLS hold back?
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Lord Padriac
Recruit

Postby Lord Padriac » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:15 am

But are the hammerers a new plastic kit or another iteration of really expensive 5 at a time metal figures?

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:29 pm

GW is done with Metal/Finecast. So the box set will be plastic. My guess, $40-50 for 10 dudes. Would not be shocked it if was $60, but would be very irritated as I was thinking of picking up 4 boxes.

The Dwarf Lord is a multi-part plastic kit: http://astropate.blogspot.com/2014/01/b ... cchio.html

It looks like that goofy thing is a back pack of some kind. Not sure why, but there are some nice options in there.

It's possible with them switching to a weekly schedule the WD doesn't have all the box sets in it. This may be GW's way of controlling leaks.

~J

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Postby Kinne » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:26 pm

Oh, so it's the plastic Lord/BSB kit we were supposed to get back when everyone else did. Noice. And it has a oathstone, too. I wonder what they'll do about a Lord on Shieldbearers, if they keep that option.

And they'll probably be $60. At least, that's what I'm expecting after the Dark Elf release.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:22 am

I need more! More than just one good Slayer, an okay Hero kit, and new poorly looking hat on the Hammerers.

I want big things, and heavy cavalry, and some new guns. Preferably, some long rifles, better than jezzails!
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

J Rzasa
Archmagos Veneratus

Postby J Rzasa » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:25 pm

Looks like $50 for the Hammer kit, but it doesn't say Hammer/Iron Breaker on the product list, not sure why.

There is supposedly more coming, but it doesn't look like it'll be released the same week as the dwarf book. I think they are now going to stagger releases so a box or two is released each week.

~J

Return to “Dwarfs”