Critique my first Dwarf Army list. @_@

thade
Veteran

Re: Critique my first Dwarf Army list. @_@

Postby thade » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:09 am

So, sounds like it's required. Does that 60% take into account the +2 for being Dwarves? :) (Probably.)

When I jump to 2500+ (tournament mode) I'm going to throw Valaya and likely an Anvil into the list, along with two Runesmiths (if not one lord). Should mean that I only have to worry about IF, and the banner will allow me to let most Remains in Play spells through (if they're not up-in-my-face).

As for 2k, you've got me concerned. I can't take both MRoBalance and a dispel rune on a smith (he can't take that much runic gear, if memory serves).

I'd be pleased as punch to learn I was mistaken.
Thade = Steve

While the enemies of the Emperor still draw breath, I have some faces that I need to crack open. @_@

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:29 pm

He sure can take it. He can have 75 pts, 50 for one, 25 for the other.

And the 60% is an estimate, but it can be much worse. I've seen casts regularly on 25 to 30, which would require 10 dice or more to dispel effectively.
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

thade
Veteran

Postby thade » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:50 pm

Looks like my Shriner's Hospital dice will be put to the test. ;)
Thade = Steve

While the enemies of the Emperor still draw breath, I have some faces that I need to crack open. @_@

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:38 pm

A little off topic, but I hear little birds saying the Dwarfs Update is coming soon...
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

thade
Veteran

Postby thade » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:49 pm

Dez wrote:A little off topic, but I hear little birds saying the Dwarfs Update is coming soon...

Score! I'M STILL BUILDING THIS LIST. Dammit, I really want to try Fantasy. I'll just buy more models to make up for whatever parts they make illegal. (Pity. More models. I'm put out, really.)
Thade = Steve

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:18 pm

Update, as in Army Book? And how soon? Next week? Month? 2011? 2012?
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Dez
Storm Trooper

Postby Dez » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:24 pm

Army Book, right after Ogres in the alternating 40k/Fantasy pattern. Necrons are up next ;), so 2012.
What aims do the Orks have? What is the point of a tornado?

Fighting E.G.A.D.D Excitable Gamer Attention Deficit Disorder

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.
ADB

Randy
Whiteshield

Postby Randy » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:19 am

Update could easally mean a nerf... personally i think dwarves are weak at low points costs and too strong at 2500+ i think it comes down to at 1500 points you get 2d6 PD and at 4k you still get 2d6PD now you compare to war machines and that is simply not the case. At least in my expeirence.
Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.
George S. Patton

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:12 pm

But you dont pay points for Power Dice. If we want to scale up our war machines, we pay a fair amount of points for them.

I see it as the other way around. At low point cost Wizards are over powered. Cause they give you 2d6 PD even in a 500 pt game. And its free.
-Commander Jay

thade
Veteran

Postby thade » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:58 am

Warhammer 40k's always scaled best between 1500k and 2500k (give or take a couple hundred); I see Fantasy scaling well in the 2k range. Some armies just rock in a broken way at low points values; game's not built for it.
Thade = Steve

Return to “Dwarfs”