Help from the new FAQ

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Help from the new FAQ

Postby Kinne » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:00 pm

So now that Master Engineers no longer deploy as part of a war machine's crew, it's kind of ambiguous as to when you decide which war machine within 3" to help with his abilities. Apparently, you get to decide after the die is cast! So you rolled a misfire with your stone thrower, eh? Well have no fear, Mr. Master Engineer is here!
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

Galaan
Whiteshield

Re: Help from the new FAQ

Postby Galaan » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:24 pm

well they are master engineers, i suppose what makes a master is being able to prevent disaster after its already happened?

Kinne
Master of the Administratum

Postby Kinne » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:33 am

I'm just surprised that they're letting you use a benefit like that after the roll. That means if you have him within 3" of two bolt throwers, you could fire both. If one misses its target by one, BAM! BS 5 for the hit.
"Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever; a retinal after image that soon fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

thade
Veteran

Postby thade » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:52 am

That's...that's fantastic.

Master Engineer on the to do list.
Thade = Steve

While the enemies of the Emperor still draw breath, I have some faces that I need to crack open. @_@

Commander_Jay
Lord Requisitioner

Postby Commander_Jay » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:41 pm

That was out a while ago. Nothing changed for the Dwarves recently, we're still on version 1.2. While people with more annoying rules are on versions 1.4 or so. No more FAQs for Dwarves... :(
-Commander Jay

"If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Return to “Dwarfs”